• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! I caught the stray bunny!! u/d - pics page 4.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Fweeeee! :):):)

I was planning on buying a humane rabbit trap from eBay today and went down there this morning and saved both a bunny AND twenty quid! :lol:

I'm now far too giddy and have a baby dutch bunny installed in my bedroom in a puppy crate! He or she (not checked yet!) can rattle those bars all night and I won't even care, I'm just so pleased!

Last edited:
Bribery! :lol: Carrots are the most wonderful veggie EVER.

I went down there before nine with a cat carrier to see if I could tempt him or her through the railings and into it by chopping bits of apple and carrot and hiding it in the straw. And then this lady who lives in one of the houses backing onto the gardens started calling me saying the rabbit was in one of the gardens and asking if I'd come to catch it. So she let me in, and some more people came out, all saying how I probably wouldn't get near it and how it was very well fed by them all and asking if it really needed to be caught. I walked down into the garden it was in - it was eating someone's leeks? :oops: - and called it and it came binkying at me. He or she was eating carrot from my hand and there was this crowd all ooh-ing and aah-ing - great morning entertainment, apparently - so I kept pulling my hand holding the carrot back towards the open pet carrier, got it so it had its two front paws in whilst it leant to eat the carrot and then pushed its little behind in after it and closed the door! ^_^

The woman who let me in was saying her grandson will miss it a lot, because they'd watch it from the window, and saying if it turns out to be a boy, could I call it Jack. I've never sexed a rabbit before, but I'll go read all about bunny bits later.

I'm charging the camera for piccies...! I put a cardboard box with a hole cut out in the puppy crate and so far the little imp has refused to poke more than its nose out, but piccies shall definitely come when its feeling more confident and settled...!

Bribery! :lol: Carrots are the most wonderful veggie EVER.

I went down there before nine with a cat carrier to see if I could tempt him or her through the railings and into it by chopping bits of apple and carrot and hiding it in the straw. And then this lady who lives in one of the houses backing onto the gardens started calling me saying the rabbit was in one of the gardens and asking if I'd come to catch it. So she let me in, and some more people came out, all saying how I probably wouldn't get near it and how it was very well fed by them all and asking if it really needed to be caught. I walked down into the garden it was in - it was eating someone's leeks? :oops: - and called it and it came binkying at me. He or she was eating carrot from my hand and there was this crowd all ooh-ing and aah-ing - great morning entertainment, apparently - so I kept pulling my hand holding the carrot back towards the open pet carrier, got it so it had its two front paws in whilst it leant to eat the carrot and then pushed its little behind in after it and closed the door! ^_^

The woman who let me in was saying her grandson will miss it a lot, because they'd watch it from the window, and saying if it turns out to be a boy, could I call it Jack. I've never sexed a rabbit before, but I'll go read all about bunny bits later.

I'm charging the camera for piccies...! I put a cardboard box with a hole cut out in the puppy crate and so far the little imp has refused to poke more than its nose out, but piccies shall definitely come when its feeling more confident and settled...!

:love: can't wait to see him/her

Well done on rescuing little bunny :love:
if its a boy, depending on its age it may very well have some big *ahem* plums visable!
I think theres a section on here with pictures of rabbits bits for refrence :oops:

Thank you~! ^_^

I'm in the house alone (except for my sleeping sister!) and feel sooo giddy and pleased, so this is my only outlet for venting it...!

I'll actually be able to sleep tonight. :lol: Well, I won't be lay awake worrying a fox will have it, anyway. And I won't have to feel anxious each time the weather people threaten colder snaps and snow.

I lifted him/her out the pet carrier to pop it in the puppy crate and tried to peer under, but there were no obvious plummy bits. :oops: It honestly looks like it is just past that little baby stage. I can't understand who'd buy a baby rabbit and then get bored of it so quick and release it. But he or she isn't old at all, but has a pretty little face. :love: I wish it'd pop out it's hidey box for a picture or two - I want to share the pretty! :lol:

Oooh yes. :) For YEARS my mum and I have played a 'what would you do if...' game where we'd imagine random scenarios. And we'd have one where it'd be 'what would you do if you found a rabbit?' If we were being completely silly, we'd make it a dutch rabbit (I loves them!) and a baby... So when we first spotted this one I was wondering if the universe had listened and decided that because we'd had a horrible year and a half, here was our reward - if only we could catch it!

If the little bunny is female then Edgar can have a wifeybun. We were going to get him one in the spring. If it's a boy then I shall make different plans! Either see how likely a pairing between Eddie and a boy would be (Edgar's verrry relaxed and is always friendliest to my other boy bunny when their runs are near to one another) or get each their own girlfriends eventually.

Back