• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I leave my rabbits for one weekend......Pictures added

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
And I come back to find they have been stained with wood treatment! :shock: :shock: :shock:

My dad, who loves them dearly, thought it would be a good idea to let them out whilst the treatment on their shed and run was still wet :roll:

Brian has a massive stripe down his side, and a bit on one of his ears, and Molly has it on the back of her neck and a little on her head.

Thankfully, the treatment says it is not toxic to animals, but im still ultra paranoid that im going to wake up to something horrible.

So, I now have some very interesting patterened rabbits. I wonder how long its going to last. He did try to wash it off, but it wouldnt.

Turns out texting every five minutes to make they are ok doesnt really work, since noone told me till I got back :roll:

Last edited:
I know :?
He adores the rabbits though, he really does. If he didnt I would never leave the house.

could you maybe give them a wee bath to help wash it off a little or wash the stained areas. just incase they go to lick it off.

is it much, try and clean the painted areas with water , i wouldn't bath if they are outdoor bunnies myself with it being cold outside, but try and remove the areas of paint on them so they do not lick it off :wave:

that sounds just like something my dad would do:D:D

He to loves them to bits..... I am now worried as I am going away for a few days soon, and he is stopping at mine to look after my three.

Might "loose" the shed key hahaha then he can not be tempeted with the paint:D:D

Hope your lot are o.k. tho and they dont catch anything, should be o.k. if it says non toxic to animals tho... I hope it comes off soon... dont shoot me here but if it is not much could you trim the worst part of it out if your really concerned :oops:

Kell

I dont think washing them will help, as its water resistant paint. But I'll certainly try and give them another wipe later.
Thankfully, they are fine this morning, here they are :oops: Excuse the mess.

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo0127.jpg

Photo0126.jpg

Ps. Brian does have light brown colouring as well, its not all paint ;)

They don't look too bothered about their new hairdos!! Infact some people pay good money to look like that! You might have wait until they moult it out though!!

Back