• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pasteurella and Myxi..

Does anyone have any pics of buns suffering from either condition?
I have to produce an A4 care sheet for advice on each, as a college assignment.
It has to be written so that people can understand it without being confused by technical language =\
Also, if anyone has any advice that they would offer to someone caring for a bun with either, any info I can get together will be much appreciated :)
Thank youu!
xx :wave:

I've got this one of Santa who has chronic snuffles (which may or may not be caused by pasteurella...but you can gloss over that bit ;) )

DSC00230.jpg

Advice I'd give would be to try and minimise stress and being moved around (so, for example, try and arrange things so their run is attached to their permanent accommodation), use dust free hay to minimise additional irritation from dust, clean out regularly (obviously for all but again you don't want any 'fume' build up causing irritation), try and keep them somewhere with a relatively constant temperature (so don't keep bringing them indoors and taking them out again) and make sure you seek prompt veterinary treatment if you see any of the signs, because it can get far worse very quickly if left untreated.

Back