• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hypo-Allergenic Rabbits

WSLiu02

New Kit
Hi there, I was wondering if there was such thing as a hypo-allergenic rabbit?

I heard there were hypo-allergenic cats that cost $10,000 dollars. (http://www.allerca.com/) Which I also heard was a scam.

I know there is the option of a rex rabbit or mini-rex for people with allergies, are there any other options?

If you had a Netherland Dwarf/Mini-Rex rabbit mix would it be possible to get a rabbit that looked like this which kept the same non allergenic fur of a Mini-Rex?

2lco26d.jpg

Instead of this?

black_otter_mrex.jpg

If so , what would be the best way to attain this rabbit? Would it be viable to find a breeder that specializes in otter netherland dwarfs and mini-rexes and see if this rabbit is possible if money isn't an issue?

I ask because I understand that theres dangers of peanuts due to the double dwarf gene and most breeders probably won't cross breed unless they're trying to create something specific. I wasn't sure if it was viable or not and assumed this might be the best way.

I'm not sure if you can get a hypo allergenic rabbit, as all of them moult.

You can get hairless ones though, although most die at a young age apparently

Back