• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sick bunny

emski80

New Kit
Hi guys i have a 5 year old dwarf lop. Yesterday i noticed that her right eye has clouded over, think she has gone blind. She has had problems with both eyes since the summer, there was cysts in them and was scratcing down to to the bone ! The vet popped the cysts and she had eye drops for 2 weeks. The vet then warned me that it could be Myxomatosis !! I'm very worried that this could be the case now. My vet is closed until tomorrow, i would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice.
Thanks

Hi ya I note you are in Oxfordshire where abouts as my vets are open to emergencies all weekend and I'm in Oxfordshire too. Is your rabbit eating, drinking and going to the toilet?

Clouding over of the eye can be related to many things - including E. cunniculli but (to be honest) rarely myxi. Although I am NOT a vet. I would have it thoroughly checked and also see if there are other symptoms like weight loss etc.

Back