• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eye lumps and runny nose...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm still worried about Grim's left eye. It has a lump on it which is white and got slightly bigger. He's seen the vets (two of them) and both suggested that he'd poked himself in the eye and it was a healing scar. Tests were done and it's not anything serious, but they said they're not 100% sure on what it is and just to watch it.

I've been trying for about half an hour to get a picture that's in focus to show you, because I just wondered if anyone has seen anything like this before. The results aren't brilliant but I would be grateful if you could have a quick look.

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

And another thing... I've noticed over the last few days that the right side of Grim's nose is slightly damp. His right eye is the one that is blocked really badly by his molar roots and is always weeping. This picture is just after I've cleaned it so you can see how bad it is. :(

DSC00025.jpg

And another:

badeye.jpg

I'm wondering if it could just be eye gunk that's making his nose wet. What do you think?

:wave: I think the wet nose and eye are probably connected, sorry haven't the eye condition before but, I wouldn't disagree with what the vet said sounds fairly conceivable. Did they not prescribe anything ? If not I would be inclined to clean it regularly morning and night with cooled boiled water and dry the area gently aswell with a cotton wool pad - I would avoid putting any pressure on the eye ball though. Hope it gets better x

Looks as though he has an infection in the nasolacrimal duct.
Is he on antibiotic treatment-systemic and topical ?

i would certainly agree with jane if i understood what she was saying. but i have absolute faith in her judgement on bunny matters!

Lol!

It's not infected, the tear duct is just completely blocked by malformations in the bone. It can and does get infected so I have to keep it clean and I have eye drops (well cream really) for if it starts to look bad. He actually has scarring on the eye and eyelid from an ulcer and infection on that eye. Poor babes. :(

On the other eye, the one with the lump, there is no swelling, no weeping, no squinting and the third eyelid is not visible, which is why the vets say just to keep an eye on it (no pun intended). It's not causing him any discomfort but I still worry.

Back