• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can it get any worse ...........

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
since monday we have had calls to take in 21 rabbits and 4 guinea pigs :shock::shock:...that is in just 6 days ...:shock:

I just cant get my head around the amount of people wanting to give up their small animals this winter ...and the worst weather is to come yet .. :(

I don't get it. They don't cost that much to look after if you are feeding them correctly and they're not a lot of effort to keep clean either.

Should have seen the number of cats on my local Freecycle this week, it's almost like they want their animals gone by Xmas so they can go out etc.

Oh gosh Angie, I really wish I could help.

Its awful isn't it, this time of year. probably preparing for their christmas dog purchase :censored::shock::censored:

Shame on them. I love nothing more than going out in the cold and seeing my pets in a lovely clean dry hutch full of fresh straw and hay. In over 10 years I have never once thought it to be hard work.

Its just too easy for people to buy pets on impulse.

Running a rescue must be so hard and upsetting. I take my hat off to you all.

Oh Angie.... how rubbish. :(

It's awful. No end of times lately I've thought about setting up the 'other' (currently unfinished!) spare room - the one that's not yet occupied by pets, lol - as an indoor bunny room over Winter as we're not set up for outside buns' yet as seeing all these buns in rescue is heartbreaking. :cry:

For you, running a rescue, it must be horrible. x

I can't be bothered to go out in the cold (in addition to being paranoid about foxes etc); so I'm keeping them all indoors.:D

It must be heartbreaking running a rescue.:(

Shame on them. I love nothing more than going out in the cold and seeing my pets in a lovely clean dry hutch full of fresh straw and hay. In over 10 years I have never once thought it to be hard work.

Its just too easy for people to buy pets on impulse.

Running a rescue must be so hard and upsetting. I take my hat off to you all.

here here! its awful dont know how people can do it:cry:

Shame on them. I love nothing more than going out in the cold and seeing my pets in a lovely clean dry hutch full of fresh straw and hay.

:thumb: It's great isn't it! I've done a full clean of my bunnies today and it only took an hour, and I like watching them leap around in their runs while I'm hard at work!

I don't know how anyone can give their animals up - I'm bad enough when they have to go into boarding :oops:

Hugs Angie. Pippin says hello and that he can't believe he's been here a year!

its just so many ... :(

winter is always bad ..but this week ..:shock:..i had lots of calls last week too but didnt count them ..:?

we have taken in 4 buns ...we are now overflowing ..:?...had to turn the others away ..:(

It must be an awful time of year for you. :( No doubt it will only get worse after Christmas as people are advertising them as great Christmas presents. :roll::(

Its very bad this year, i have been turning people away. The people wanting to give them up far outweighs the people adopting :(

It's dreadful..we've been the same..asking people if they can wait until after Christmas but some of their replies are unprintable:cry:
We all try so hard yet the problem goes on..heartbreaking:cry:

If you get really desperate let me know and I can take piggies, either pm me or on my rescue website. I also have a fosterer who can take 2 piggies and I know we could get a piggie train going!!!

We are full here too Angie :( I don't know what is going on with people this winter. And typically we almost exclusively have does and have to turn away people who need bucks :roll: hope it settles down for you soon x

We are full here too Angie :( I don't know what is going on with people this winter. And typically we almost exclusively have does and have to turn away people who need bucks :roll: hope it settles down for you soon x

We are the opposite, full of boys, everyone wants girls :roll: It always happens this way.

Back