• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just a quick question....

:wave:Shauny had a bout of stasis lastnight (this would be his 3rd one:(.

We made him run around, and i gave him tummy rubs, none of which seemed to be working, so i got on the phone to the vets to book him in, whilst on the phone he perked up, and 30mins later he was eating.

I wouldnt have left it any longer though we almost lost him the last 2 times.

he is now fine (eating ect)....... but should we take him to the vets anyway?.

was possibly just gas... if it was me id keep an eye on the eating and pooping and only take my bun back if i was still worried..All the times Alvin has had stasis ive never had to take him back for a follow up check once he was eating again :D

:wave:Shauny had a bout of stasis lastnight (this would be his 3rd one:(.

We made him run around, and i gave him tummy rubs, none of which seemed to be working, so i got on the phone to the vets to book him in, whilst on the phone he perked up, and 30mins later he was eating.

I wouldnt have left it any longer though we almost lost him the last 2 times.

he is now fine (eating ect)....... but should we take him to the vets anyway?.

I would. Especially if he is having repeated attacks
GI stasis is often a secondary symptom of another problem, frequently Dental related.

xx

:wave: thankyou for the replies.

Hes had 3 ''attacks'' now the 3rd being yesterday. On both other times he has been to the vets (i think we were lucky y/day and caught it near enough as it happened).

His first stasis was in march 2008, and 2nd was dec 2008, and now this one dec 2009.

After the second one our vet said he could be 'prone' to stasis.

He's been in this month for his myxo jab and had his teeth front and back checked.

He has had a wee and ive used a test strip, the results were ok (the first time he had stasis he developed a urine infection, which the vet said was secondary to the stasis)

Hes now fully fine in himself (thankgod), but my nerves are shot:cry:.

Can rabbits just be prone to stasis or tummy trouble?.

Will give the vets a call tomorrow and book him in for monday

one of the many vets Alvin has seen :oops: said that just like humans with tummy issues (ie ibs) theres no reason just the way they are built and there are too many triggers to pin it down to one thing

ive had so many different triggers for alvin and freakily hes had stasis on exactly the same day a year apart.. only once they said it *could* be the teeth and they did a dental, there was no tissue damage in the mouth so i was lead to believe it was more preventative than necessary... 4 weeks later he had the all clear and a week after that he had a week long stasis. no reason found.. 4 diffo vets checked his teeth and the one who said its the way hes built said there was no indications on it being the teeth and it didnt warrent xrays as there was no other signs to indicate teeth root problems...

a stasis bunny is terrifying so i know how scared you must feel... loads of vibes for a long stasis break for you xxx

Back