• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly's Hocks - Good News!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

Just to update you on Molly's hocks. She went to the vet about 3 months ago to have her vaccinations and the vet looked at her hocks at the same time, and she's doing really well. She hasn't had any antibiotics or anti-inflammtory for 4 months now, and she's grown a gorgeous, healthy winter coat, and she's been binkying around and has put on muscle and weight. She used to have an awful coat condition, really dull and scruffy and she was quite thin (you could feel her hips and spine), but since she's come off the antibiotics, she's put on weight and her coat condition has improved. You can't feel her spine or her hips now, just nice, muscly hindquarters. I'm been feeding them more cos of the winter and they are outdoors so they have more fat to keep them warm, but she looks really good. I check her hocks regularly just to see if there are any changes, but she's done well so far (touch wood it continues) and she's started to grow a little fur on her hocks which is fab. Wish me luck that it continues like this and she stays a happy bunny!!! :love:

Really pleased for you and your gorgeous bunny :)

One of my rexes, Oakley, has sore hocks which are now improving (not normally superstitious but fingers crossed). I know how difficult it can be with 1 step forwards and 2 steps back with them sometimes.

Keep up the good work and best of luck :wave:

Well done :) I was thinking I hadn't heard from you recently so was hoping things had improved :)

yeah, I didn't want to say anything until she had been good for a long while. She's going to stay on hay all year round now, so hopefully she'll stay like this for the future.

and thank you to everyone. :)

Last edited:
Back