• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think petal might have slight snuffles

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i have a funny feeling petal might have slight snuffles, her nose has been damp everytime i've went in to see her, unless it's concincedence everytime i go in thats she been cleaning herself. she has no other signs of it bar the nose. i've been noticing this for a while now mainly since it's gotten colder. unsure though. she was checked out by the vet a while ago, i guess it'll just be a matter of keeping an eye on it. sorry pointless post really. just concerned.

the cold can set off a respiratory problem if it is already there. bisc has had a damp nose lately. this is how bisc and matts uri's started off so i would get it checked out.

yeah, she hasn't been sneezing or anything, it's just so hard to know, she gets very stressed and angry being taken down to the vets and she was taken down when the wet nose problem happen. the vet said she was healthy and listened to her chest, shes eating well, pooing peeeing etc. i still think theres something there though but don't think it'll get any worse.

i always get really concerned when people say their bun has a wet nose because of how bisc and matt started. they checked them and said there was nothing wrong. then over time the nose got worse...

a wet nose really was the only sign at the time and speaking with the rabbit vet who has been treating them since feb... they should have had treatment at this first sign.

this is our case and i know all are different but i just panic when i hear a bun with a wet nose who is supposedly 'ok'. because there has to be a reason for it.

is your vet a rabbit vet?

i always get really concerned when people say their bun has a wet nose because of how bisc and matt started. they checked them and said there was nothing wrong. then over time the nose got worse...

a wet nose really was the only sign at the time and speaking with the rabbit vet who has been treating them since feb... they should have had treatment at this first sign.

this is our case and i know all are different but i just panic when i hear a bun with a wet nose who is supposedly 'ok'. because there has to be a reason for it.

is your vet a rabbit vet?

Yeah thats what I think its a sign of something so best to get it checked now rather than wait until you see more signs :)

Back