• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
My mams friend has a rabbit and he's not neutered yet (she can't afford to get him done just yet so will be at least a few months while she saves for it)
he's started doing all the typical male bunny things, humping and peeing EVERYWHERE, so wondering what she could do to discourage him a bit until she can afford to get him done? He's an indoor bunny and spoilt rotten, and very loved.

She's finding it hard to cope with him atm so I wanna try and find something she can do to help a bit :wave:

Sorry hun I don't think there is much she can do except bring his neuter forward if she really can't cope

I would imagine it is hard to litter train an unneutered lad, Scarlett was a nightmare for peeing everywhere before she was spayed and the humping is natural behavior. I wouldn't try to discourage it to be honest because he isn't doing anything wrong, its just what bunnies do :) He should stop after his neuter though

For the peeing I guess just try litter training, with lots of litter trays

I know Charlie was awful for peeing everywhere when he was younger but I saved the money from him being young and got him snipped as soon as I could, but I understand she can't just go ahead and do it.
I figured it'd probably be that but jus figured it's worth seeing if anyone knows anything that could help a bit :)

Back