• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT please help!!! U/D Back from Vets page 1 post 8

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Jemima has eaten no more than a tea spoon of Vicks rub on

She stinks of it

called the vets, they are making a phonecall on my behalf that is costing me 15 pounds to find out if eucalyptus is poisonous as this is the only ingredient they think may cause a problem

I agreed to pay

any advise or help?? Is it poisonous??

Last edited:
Oh no, I really hope not, or if it is that your bunny has not eaten enough to cause problems.

Sending massive 'not poisoned vibes'

i believe it is poisonous to guinea pigs but i'm looking for the link of where i read it to double check if it mentions bunnies:(

Back from the vet

Lukily her mouth is not burnt from the viks, which is the most common effect. Her heart rate is normal and she seems herself

She has drunk more than usual, which is good as this will dilute the viks

Vet gave her metacam injection to releave any abdominal pain from the viks

Vet also gave me fireplex to encourage eating/drinking

The vet said to call emergency vets if any of the following occurs

Diarria
convulsions/fits
full blown fitting

which she will need to go on a drip

However, vet thinks she will be okay, as long as I suringe feed her water every 2 hours and fireplex 3 times a day and metacam for pain

Here is breakdown of treatment

Poison information service *(phone call) £15.05
Consultation £18.26
Injection of metacam £6.62
Fireplex £8.61
Metacam for oral £3.73

Total: £52.27

An expensive lesson I have learnt not to leave viks on the floor, I cant believe my own stupidity.

The vet couldnt believe that she had eaten it.

Vibes very much appreciated, she seems fine in herself, fingers crossed for NO diarrea or fits/convulsions

Thank you all

Eucaluptus IS POISONOUS to rabbits.

xxx

Back