• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If anyone can foster an indoor bunny this christmas..

Starlight

Warren Veteran
It would be much appreciated.

This is Schoko.
She is 8 years old and has lived a very pampered life.
She was found at 5-6 weeks of age in a shoebox next to some bins in the street.

Since then she has been a completely freerange housebunny, with a very long list of food!

Her owner turnt her garden into a vegetable patch for her growing a large variety of vegetables and herbs.

Never confined, Schoko had her own bed to sleep in.

If anyone has a spare room Schoko could live in over christmas, so she has a fraction of the space she is used to, please do let me know.

She is currently in a 36inch crate and I am sure would appreciate a little one to one attention and love.

Schoko001.jpg

Schoko002.jpg

How come it's just over christmas? Is the owner in hospital or going away? Or is it just until she is rehomed?

It is preferably until she can be rehomed.

The owner is moving abroad, and the country she is going to, Schoko would have to spend 3 months in quarantine, and she doesn't want to do that to her.

What ashame :( I thought she had a home??

Id have her but my house is full to the brim of bunnies :( Hope she finds a foster home soon xXx

I will have to check with my OH, but we have an unused spare room, it is laminate flooring though. :? Will bunny mind do you think?

The other thing is that we are going away late afternoon on Christmas Eve, and not back until Boxing Day morning (so away for one day effectively). Just going up to spend the day with the family. Bisc is fine in her big old hutch for a day as we hide various veggies, nuggets and loads of hay in her hutch.

I will have to check with my OH, but we have an unused spare room, it is laminate flooring though. :? Will bunny mind do you think?

The other thing is that we are going away late afternoon on Christmas Eve, and not back until Boxing Day morning (so away for one day effectively). Just going up to spend the day with the family. Bisc is fine in her big old hutch for a day as we hide various veggies, nuggets and loads of hay in her hutch.

She is used to laminate as that is what she has always been on :wave:

She would love to have a room to herself again, and maybe a sneaky cuddle here and there ;)

We are just worried about leaving her on her own really, do you think she will be OK? We are worried entirely for her, and not us! New place and then left on her own there, is she chilled out enough for that?

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to take her on and just distress her.

She could have the spare room to herself, it's about 11'x6'. We have a futon in there at the moment, that we can bring out temporarily (no guests due to come for ages).

We are just worried about leaving her on her own really, do you think she will be OK? We are worried entirely for her, and not us! New place and then left on her own there, is she chilled out enough for that?

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to take her on and just distress her.

She could have the spare room to herself, it's about 11'x6'. We have a futon in there at the moment, that we can bring out temporarily (no guests due to come for ages).

She has been quite relaxed here, and the woman did use to work a lot of the time, so i suppose as long as the room is secure and she has a few boxes to hide away if feeling overwhelmed, she should be okay. :love:

eeeek, Laura, maybe you will have 2 buns at home for Christmas after all :) It will keep your mind off Badger for a while!

I just want her to have a bigger foster home, as all i can offer her is a small dog crate here, and no real attention just for her, which wouldn't be too bad if she had a friend, but her partner died a few weeks ago.:(

I just want her to have a bigger foster home, as all i can offer her is a small dog crate here, and no real attention just for her, which wouldn't be too bad if she had a friend, but her partner died a few weeks ago.:(

:( Gosh what a disruption to her twighlight years this little lady is having, poor little lady should be chillin' now and no stress, what a shame. I would offer but, I think living in Hampshire that is far too long for an older bun to travel that long. I hope someone finds "room in the inn" for the poor old girl.

awww :cry:

wonder if sooty and Oreo would like to be a group of 3 :?

Kath, have you bonded Sooty and Oreo now? How are they getting along?

Hi Kris, I'm sorry I can't take her as I've just taken a foster bun in when a hutch came free. I might be able to in the future though. :wave:

If I had realised we could have taken her today as well, I thought she was free ranging in your bedroom until we could take her :(

Back