• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pair or trio

Junie

New Kit
hello ive just had my buck netured so will be looking to get him a friend from a rescue in the new year and i was wondering whever it would be better to get him a single female or get him put with an exsiting pair

thanks

Well single female to single male bondings are the easiest to do. There are tonnes of people who have more than two bunnies in each group though and one male to two females has quite a high rate of success. Two males are always more troublesome.

So the main question I think is do you have enough space for three :)

i have enough room for 3 but one of my main worryes is if he ends up being in a trio will they end up just ignoring him so he ends up being by himself again or do they fully except them

It depends, you can't really tell until you do it. I had a trio, no one was really left out but Sweetpea was definitely bottom bun, I have four now and it's better

i would start off with a pair... and see how that goes and if you think your able to have a trio adopt another little bun in the future.
You dont really want to risk splitting up the already bonded buns, which could happen if another bun is added, and you dont want any of them to be left out.

its all up to you though, and im sure you'll choose the right choice for your bun :wave:

I really liked having a trio and intend to get another bunny to add to my pair in the spring. Both are laid back with other rabbits and there is an age gap of 5 years so I think it's the sensible choice in my situation.

Back