• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

on the wet grass

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
seeing as it's a pleasent day i was gonna put my buns out on the grass but it's really long and soaking will they be okay? will i just make sure i dry them off well?

I've read in the past that buns aren't supposed to have wet greens, but wildies seem to manage! Will they be in a run or free ranging? If in a run you could always soak up the worst with an old towel. That's what I do. :)

yeah i've two runs, was just gonna pop them out will i cleaned them, it's been ages from they were outside and thought it might help their mood. yeah i'll try drying with the towel but the ground is pretty wet itself, they don't eat much grass when their out.

On the wet grass

I would NEVER put my bunnies out on wet grass:shock:it was one of the first things i learned when i first got into buns:roll:
They can so easily catch pneumonia from doing this:cry:

well i popped them out there, they didn't get that wet just their paws and i dried them off as well, wasn't really that cold here, i'm going about in just a thin jumper with no t-shirt. i'm sure they'll be fine, sure nursecrofts ones run about on the wet grass all the time and the buns at my rescue are out on the wet all time and their fine plus out in the wild the run about on wet grass so mustn't be too bad.

Mine are out on the grass ......I just make sure they have a dry tray or storage box of hay to sit in if they want to :wave:

yeah i put an outdoor loo in with them just incase they didn't want to sit in it but their all dried off and sitting in their nice clean litter trays, it really put ted an theo in a good mood being out, lol just made petal a bit angry :roll: :lol::love:

I would NEVER put my bunnies out on wet grass:shock:it was one of the first things i learned when i first got into buns:roll:
They can so easily catch pneumonia from doing this:cry:

i dont think that you can 'catch' pneumonia from getting cold, thats a myth. pneumonia is a type of chest infection...
wild rabbits go out when its cold, and wet, otherwise they starve :shock:
so long as you dry them off a bit before you put them back in their hutch/shed they will be fine.

My bunnies and the ones I look after at work all go out if the ground it wet. They only stay in if it is actually raining!

I am glad they had fun outside! Poor Petal needs some prozac! :lol: Either that or a man who is prepared to put up with her grumps!

Cerys :)

cheers cerys :wave: lol flip i put my wellies on and got in with petal and she figured out that she need to go for my knees not my legs :lol: she's a bad rascal, would love a husbun for her but he'd need to be some boyo and brave lol she looked so pretty running about and perri scoping. then ian helped me clip all her nails for some of them are really thick. give her a good cuddle though which she enjoyed. think she has a split personallity :lol: aw bless her.

My two are fine on wet grass - they wouldn't get any free range time all winter otherewise as the grass is always wet. :lol::lol:

My buns have been out for about 6 hours today! We have some patio as well though so they aren't on the grass all the time. They had access to their run/shed the whole time but were enjoying the mild weather too much :)

The only problem I could see would be the temp difference if they were usually inside buns. If they are outdoor buns then the temp shouldn't be a problem, they'll just get wet paws. I think some people are a little over-protective. I would never put my animals in harms way, but wet paws isn't the end of the world.

Billy enjoyed the sun anyway :)

14336_1306353976138_1149193950_3096.jpg

Back