• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

round lettuce

Not poisonous just very watery and can give buns poo probs. Not really that good for them I think. It is possibly better to give cabbage/kale etc - the dark green is better.
:)

I feed lettuce every day (romaine, kos, round, curly). I think it's really useful as a leafy green which isn't too high in calcium...whereas most others are (carrot tops, kale, spinach, cabbage, etc)

Lettuce contains a drug that bunnies will get sleepy with....Have you all read the story of Peter Rabbit??? Its true!!!!:oops:

One of my guinea pigs' staple foods is lettuce and bell pepper. It's just Iceburg lettuce that they never, ever get. Neither of them have ever had any problems tummy-wise and they do lovely firm, round poos. :)

Tibbs gets Spinach, Rocket and Watercress, with bits of any herbs i have in the fridge - and she demolishes it. She only gets carrot roots as a treat, but loves the tops!
I think as long as you stay away from the iceberg (full of water) stuff then it's ok. :D

Back