• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EC steroid injections

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
rosie had one when i took her in few weeks back she then had another one which was told would last 2weeks, she still having baytril, any way im worried as i asked if she had to have any more injections vet said no just keep up on the baytril, today she is stumbling alot but can get herself up, im worried should she have another shot of steroids or not as vet said no, but im not liking the signs of her falling on side, even though it is no where near as bad? :?

im worried that the steroid is wearing out that she had and that she may go back to square one? :?

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with her.

I'm not sure of the use of steriods in EC cases because the steroid actually compromises the immune system, and to fight EC a bunny needs a strong immune system.

Are you completely sure it's EC? Most bunnies will test positive for the antibodies in the titre. I'm wondering if maybe something else is going on for Rosie?

Sorry, that's not a very helpful post is it.

im watching her now, im not sure if its just her getting too comfy on the new bunny fleece as she don't do it elsewhere :?:oops:, its soo soft she seems to love it, she is now sprawled out sleeping on her side

Back