• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lyric keeps nipping/biting

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Is there anyway to stop this? I must admit i found it quite funny to start with:oops:,She did it to anyone that visited but now shes doing it everyday,If you stop stroking her she does it.But this morning she came up and bit my leg while i was cleaning her room out,It really hurts when she does it,Ive said no in a stirn voice but its made no difference

:wave: Haven't had this but, have you tried squealing slightly:lol: sounds funny but, you need to communicate that it hurts and your displeasure, I would be inclined to scream/squeal not too loud obviously as the neighbours might worry:lol: and then possibly ignore her for a while/move away if she approaches you nicely stroke and speak to her but, if she bites again repeat the pattern till she gets the message-little tyke although to be fair if you laughed she thinks she is being funny probably:lol::lol:

:wave: Haven't had this but, have you tried squealing slightly:lol: sounds funny but, you need to communicate that it hurts and your displeasure, I would be inclined to scream/squeal not too loud obviously as the neighbours might worry:lol: and then possibly ignore her for a while/move away if she approaches you nicely stroke and speak to her but, if she bites again repeat the pattern till she gets the message-little tyke although to be fair if you laughed she thinks she is being funny probably:lol::lol:

Yes shes not bothered ive pushed her away she just comes straight back:?

It sounds like she is attention seeking rather than aggressive as such. I'd be inclined to make a noise when she bites and then ignore her for a bit otherwise you are rewarding her bad behaviour. I've had a few buns do this when they were young but all grew out of it.

Yes! Teddy used to do this for attention. Squeak, to show it hurts. She should stop in a short time! :D It's not aggressive!

:shock: You have actually squealed and she is not bothered? I wouldn't push her away I would move away from her and ignore and when she re-approaches you if she is good stroke her and talk to her but, if she is nipping squeal and walk away. Is she doing it for your attention or to be aggressive/hostile ?

Giles does that if you ignore him, or lift him (i have had many a nasty nip to the boob while holding him). But he is the most gentle bunny on the floor if he is getting petted.

No idea how to resolve it.

:shock: You have actually squealed and she is not bothered? I wouldn't push her away I would move away from her and ignore and when she re-approaches you if she is good stroke her and talk to her but, if she is nipping squeal and walk away. Is she doing it for your attention or to be aggressive/hostile ?

Yes:shock:She will come and sit with me at night time and start digging me then bite me,If i am stroking her and i stop she does the same,If i move out the way she just follows me:lol:but this morning id just walk in her room and she bit me on the back of my leg

:shock: Naughty girl - you can't have that, you must scream when she does it so she realises and say 'NO' firmly and walk away if you keep on and then reward her when she is being nice hopefully she will stop - thats not acceptable I don't think, is she smelling other bunnies?

:shock: Naughty girl - you can't have that, you must scream when she does it so she realises and say 'NO' firmly and walk away if you keep on and then reward her when she is being nice hopefully she will stop - thats not acceptable I don't think, is she smelling other bunnies?

No she cant smell the other rabbits

It's a love bite, Lola has actually bit my numerous times on my collar bone and I've had to explain that the hicky looking thing there was the result of my bunny. :oops: She bites for attention and strokes or if I'm not stroking her how she wants it. :lol:

It's a love bite, Lola has actually bit my numerous times on my collar bone and I've had to explain that the hicky looking thing there was the result of my bunny. :oops: She bites for attention and strokes or if I'm not stroking her how she wants it. :lol:

:wave: I wouldn't like that though, I think they need to know not to bite hooomans:lol: Gizmo and Ness nudge me if they want my attention and thump if they are spooked or miffed about something - I don't think biting is necessary and it must hurt!:shock:

That sounds like Lyric:lol:

The only other thing I would do then is that if you try the squeaking and ignoring and rewarding good behaviour and it doesn't work then I would be inclined when she does it to punish her in terms of putting her in a smaller area for 10 mins and then allow her to come out - if she does it put her back in there and so on till she realises you are the boss, there isn't really a need for her to bite you by the sounds of it and she needs to know your not happy about it. Other than that I can't think what else to do, I suppose you could try the water pistol technique? Seems a bit strong but, if there is no alternative.

Back