• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never Thought I Would Own One!

tweak

New Kit
Hello guys and girls! My names Mitch and Im from Indiana. Im 20years old and never thought I would own a rabbit!

Cadbury came into my life about 2 weeks ago. I was out on my daily jog, about 1am. I heard something coming from over by a dumpster and to my surprise was a rabbit in a cage!!! I was so sad by seeing this. I called my girlfriend and she came to where I was right away. She fell in love with her and we took her home. I called the vet that morning and took her in. My vet is very nice and was able to help us out a lot!

Their was an instant bond with Cadbury and I. She began doing "binkies" and seemed like she loved us from the start. Here the past few days shes been eating at my hair when Im on the couch and running circles around me when I walk in the living room. I plan to have her fixed this next week and plan to find a shelter near by to find her a friend. Anyways here are a couple of pics!! If you have any advice please let me know! It may be something I dont know!

cadbury020-1.jpg

cadbury014-1.jpg

Thank you for this story. You have actually just made my day :love::love:

Cadbury is utterly gorgeous and lucky you found her.

I will be smiling all afternoon now :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww shes loverly :love:

doesnt look that old either, never ceases to amaze me how people can just dump animals like that, its a living thing not a broken t.v.:cry:

im so glad she taken to you to animal from horrid background can sometimes take a while to trust, i think this is a case of another child got bored

You got your wires all out the way? never underestimate a bun with a mobile charger either:lol:

Oh yeah the wires are out of her reach. Im happy I found her. She brings a smile to my face everytime shes out. Which is a good 14 to 16hrs daily. I work a midnight shift and my girlfriend works a morning shift.

I have a quick question thou! Still getting use to this forum so if I should ask it somewhere else please let me know. Im in the process of building a cage. As the one shes in is just to small for my liking. looks more suit for a gpig. Anyways what can be used as flooring? Im using a dog crate that has a plastic bottom but am wanting it to be multi layer. thanks

:wave: Awww it's often said that some things are meant to be - really glad you found her and are giving her a nice life, it will be lovely to get her a partner aswell, I am sure she must have had a little angel looking out for her that day! Well done you, it beggars belief how callous some people are....if you hadn't found her what could have happened? Awful people - thank god for decent human beings like you :love:

Oh yeah the wires are out of her reach. Im happy I found her. She brings a smile to my face everytime shes out. Which is a good 14 to 16hrs daily. I work a midnight shift and my girlfriend works a morning shift.

I have a quick question thou! Still getting use to this forum so if I should ask it somewhere else please let me know. Im in the process of building a cage. As the one shes in is just to small for my liking. looks more suit for a gpig. Anyways what can be used as flooring? Im using a dog crate that has a plastic bottom but am wanting it to be multi layer. thanks

:wave: I would use lino/vinyl and then hay one side with food and water bowl and litter tray the other side with hay rack on the bars so edible yummy hay can be up out of the litter hay which can be a cheaper variety - always try to buy dust extracted hay if she is indoors though if I were you :)

:wave: Welcome.
What a :love: bun.
And what a great thing you did in rescuing her.

I think that if you search housing threads you may see pics and explanations of people's set ups.

Also you can post on housing and then people are very helpful and will give you advice .

I'm afraid I can't help as we have outside buns.
:)

Welcome to the forum. I must say, your bunny is too gorgeous for words!

It's awful that someone thought nothing about dumping her but a good thing you were at the right place at the right time.

Keep us updated with getting her a mate.:)

What a great story. This is one little abandoned bun that has landed firmly on all four feet. I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful life together.:wave:

:wave: What a beautiful rescue story. :love:
Hope you enjoy RU - there are loads of knowledgeable people on here for advice & you can look at peoples photos to get inspiration for your housing set up.

What a lovely story!

I have a converted dog crate. I have carpet offcuts on the bottom and vinyl tiles on the top.

Awww you sound like a natural bunny owner, what a lovely thing to do and shes soooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!! :love:

Massive welcome to RU :wave::D

What a lovely story. She's gorgeous :love:. As far as your question goes about housing I personally would pay a visit to the shelter you intend to get her a friend from to see what accommodation they require. You can then build it to their requirements and pass their homecheck (assuming the do one) with flying colours.

What a lovely story. She's gorgeous :love:. As far as your question goes about housing I personally would pay a visit to the shelter you intend to get her a friend from to see what accommodation they require. You can then build it to their requirements and pass their homecheck (assuming the do one) with flying colours.

Yeah I went to the shelter yesterday morning and looked at some buns. Asked some questions also. They gave me the size the cage needed to be. So I plan to make it a little larger then that. I'm heading tomorrow to get her fixed then hopefully by next week she will have a new friend.

For flooring Im using vinyl and top floor will be carpeted. I scored a really nice dog cage from someone at work and its HUGE! Plenty big for 2 maybe even 3 buns to be honest. I'm going to begin working on it this weekend hopefully, need to do a good cleaning first. But thanks for all the nice words! I'm happy I found her!

Cadbury is gorgeous and I'm so glad she has found some special humans to look after her. It must have been fate!

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing pics of her with her new friend ;)

Back