• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental bunny number 2

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Off to the vets tonight.

Two of Frankie's bottom teeth dropped out a few weeks ago. He didn't seem very effected by the whole thing, and has been eating well.

But since the weather has turned cold he seems to be losing weight :( I have been feeding porridge 1/2 a week to all the outside bunnies, but he isn't too interested in it, nor did he eat much in terms of veggies last night. I love my vet Im going in tonight, how is that for quick!

One of the teeth has grown back but the other has not, so I wonder if it is causing pain.

Thinking they may have to come out, as they were wonky before they fell out, and they are still growing wonky. Bottome teeth are growing partially over the tops.

So thats dental bunny number two. At least I know there is more that can be done for him with poorly front teeth, than can be done for Cherry and her poorly back teeth. And I am so glad he is insured unlike Cherry was :)

Hope Frankies ok. Sending vibes for tonight.

How much porriage do you feed and how do you make it up?
I wonder if Bracken would benefit from some. Baileys been stelling her food and she's pretty skinny, also I think the cold doesn't help as I guess she is burning more keeping warm?

I just make some up with water, and add calorific/sweet things, to help bulk it out. So carrot, apple, a few sunflower seeds, anything that might help. I make sure it is a bit runny, so they can lap it up.

I have seperated him for a couple of hours, so that he can feed in peace, but he doesn't seem to touch it, although lots of poohs etc, so he is eating, which is what is worrying me even more

He looks so tiny next to Charlie and Belle who are mini lops.

have seperated him for a couple of hours, so that he can feed in peace, but he doesn't seem to touch it, although lots of poohs etc, so he is eating, which is what is worrying me even more

Oh dear, I wonder if its more a case of he struggles to eat where his teeth fell out rather that he's in pain and doesn't want to eat?

Oh dear, I wonder if its more a case of he struggles to eat where his teeth fell out rather that he's in pain and doesn't want to eat?

He has been fine the past few weeks. I do wonder if food has got in the hole where the other tooth used to be, and either it is causing discomfort (which is what happened to cherry after her op) or if it has become infected and is causing pain. Either way this cold weather is not helping, especially if his food intake is low.

Either way vets trip tonight at 6..

Been, although wonky, his front teeth are ok.

She is worried about about his back teeth. She can't see too much, and wants to do an exam under G.A on Monday. She can see some inflamed parts, but not too much of what is causing it. Been sent home with recovery for the next few days.

Back