PDA

View Full Version : Would you risk spaying an 8 year old?/ We've lost her/ pm results post 75

Hugo's There
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
My vet is happy to spay up until 7 years if they are in reasonable health, but that is their cut off point.

We are collecting an 8 and a half year old unspayed female tomorrow :?

I have my own thoughts on this but was just wondering what others would do :)

happybun
11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
i know nothing so i won't attempt advice or even an opinion.

tabby is 2 1/2 and still shell-shocked from her spay on wednesday.

venice
11-12-2009, 10:57 AM
i dont know either but can I ask why

is it to stop her from getting prenant

or

for medical reasons

if for medical reasons definately

if so she wont get pregnant i would have to think very carefully about it

(think thats clear)

venice

biscuitblossom
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't think I would unless it was a medical emergency....I know my vets wouldn't want to either.

Ted an Petal
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
i think if she's in good health and it'll give her the chance to have husbun and a happier life then all good. another year won't make a difference. but it's up to you liz.

KarenM
11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I'd like to sit on the fence :lol: but will stick my neck out and say that I don't think I would risk it, unless there were huge obvious benefits from doing so.

I know there is a risk of uterine cancer but, by that age, there are a whole other range of age-related conditions she could develop which could also be potentially life threatening. It seems a pretty big risk to take to rule out just one possibility iyswim.

I hope I've explained myself clearly. :oops:

donnamt
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
i wouldnt. but then i wouldnt be brave enough to get a girl done full stop :oops:

abbymarysmokey
11-12-2009, 11:09 AM
I personally wouldn't risk it. There's no reason why she can't be bonded with a neutered buck as she is.

Could you get your vets to try to do a conscious x-ray of her womb to check for any abnormal changes?

VikkiVet
11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I probably wouldn't risk it. As she is coming to you, i am assuming she has some other medical problems, which may well cause significant complications. If she has made it to 8 years old without cancer - can you get an ultrasound? - she's no more likely to get it now. If she isnt already bonded, and its aggressive etc or showing other hormone-related behaviours, she might be fine with a neutered, chilled out buck.

Sky-O
11-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I think if I were to risk it then I would run the battery of tests first to ensure it was the right decision.

Hugo's There
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
My opinion is not to get her spayed.

In my opinion if she is suffering from cancer that chances are it would have spread by this age anyway, also the heart and other major organs may well be compromised due to old age.

I feel that it would be better to give her a happy 6months, a year, however long she has got rather than to risk loosing her straight away now she has been rescued :)

Hopefully she will be bonded to one of our elderly males, we have other old unspayed females that have bonded quite happily :)

I also want to add that i have had rabbits put through all the preop tests in the past before routine ops and still lost them as there are so many abnormalities that cannot be detected until PM :( And although it isn't about the money we have to be practical, we can't pay out 150 in tests just to find we can't have it done, when that money could be going towards a sick rabbit.

XMissySJx
11-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree with you liz, for the same reasons :)

Jenova
11-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I think you're making the right descision. :)

SarahP
11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't have it done either.

Suzanne
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I personally wouldn't spay a bunny that old. She should bond ok with a netuered placid male without the op. And I think it's too old to spay for health reasons.

RubyTed
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't have it done. So long as she's not annoyingly horny there is no reason she can't be bonded with a buck.:)

It's not worth it, as, yes...she might get cancer, but she's not got it for 8 years, so the chance is slim (I hope). She's far more likely to have complications during the spay than cancer.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be for the best! :D

Hugo's There
11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't have it done. So long as she's not annoyingly horny there is no reason she can't be bonded with a buck.:)

It's not worth it, as, yes...she might get cancer, but she's not got it for 8 years, so the chance is slim (I hope). She's far more likely to have complications during the spay than cancer.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be for the best! :D

I think the chance of uterine cancer at 8 years is around 80% :( So the chances are she actually will have it, but my view is that by that age spaying is not likely to cure it if she does have it because it will more than likely to have spread to her lungs, liver, stomach or kidneys :?

Emmy lou was spayed at 7 years, she had a tumour which was removed but it had already spread and we lost her a couple of months later :(

Bluesmum
11-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I doesn't seem worth putting her through it, as like you have said, if she was going to develop cancer, she will have had it by now, and it probably would have spread.
Going with you on this one Liz :wave:

RubyTed
11-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I think the chance of uterine cancer at 8 years is around 80% :( So the chances are she actually will have it, but my view is that by that age spaying is not likely to cure it if she does have it because it will more than likely to have spread to her lungs, liver, stomach or kidneys :?

Emmy lou was spayed at 7 years, she had a tumour which was removed but it had already spread and we lost her a couple of months later :(

darn!! :(:(

If she did have it then it seems like there's nothing you could do! Best to keep her happy (and alive) than risk surgery that might not help! :(

lildebs
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree and wouldn't risk it, let her enjoy the rest of her time without the distress, your instinct will be the right decision...:D

happybun
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
i wouldnt. but then i wouldnt be brave enough to get a girl done full stop :oops:

i did it because i would feel awful if she got cancer. i feel awful now, but i'm hoping this will pass and tabby will recover.

Hugo's There, your decision about your older bun seems the most reasonable and kindest option considering her time of life.

Hugo's There
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Thought I would update this thread, as once again things haven't worked out as I had hoped :roll: :lol:

When Missus arrived it was clear that she was extremely hormonal. She is very aggressive and regularly pulling out fur to build nests :shock: She is actually the most hormonal rabbit I have ever met. I feel so sorry for her that she has been that unsettled for 8 and half years :(

She has had another check with the vet today and they have agreed that she needs to be spayed and is booked in for next Monday. The vet thinks that she has cystic ovaries as they feel enlarged :? We wont know for certain until she is opened up but given that she needs spaying anyway there was no point doing dignostics first.

The vet has warned me that the operation is high risk because of her age and we have no idea what they will find until she is opened up but we all feel we have very little choice, otherwise she is never going to be able to be happy and relaxed.

Despite her atrocious behaviour I have developed a big soft spot for this old girl :love:

Ted an Petal
12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
aw i hope it all works out well, sending her loads of good luck vibes and hope she has many years ahead of her.

VikkiVet
12-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Poor girl, what a rough time. I hope she hasnt been cystic all her life?! :shock: Here's hoping she'll get through the op ok and be a much happier bun for it

giantbunnymummy
12-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I hope it all works out for her.

Hugo's There
12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Poor girl, what a rough time. I hope she hasnt been cystic all her life?! :shock: Here's hoping she'll get through the op ok and be a much happier bun for it

She has been used for breeding thats about all I know about her. She was at her previous home ( a breeder) from the age of 2 years. Before that I have no idea.

I really hope she gets through it and is able to settle down. She is always on the go. I have only seen her sleep a few times and she snores like an old man :lol:

Bluesmum
12-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Fingers crossed for her coming through ok.
xx

raine
12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I would not spay.

Bungle bunny
12-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I know that you only make decisions based on the facts that your given at the time. I think under these circumstances, its her only chance of enjoying the rest of her life. I really hope that all goes well.

Angela

VikkiVet
12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
She has been used for breeding thats about all I know about her. She was at her previous home ( a breeder) from the age of 2 years. Before that I have no idea.

I really hope she gets through it and is able to settle down. She is always on the go. I have only seen her sleep a few times and she snores like an old man :lol:

aww, bless her. If she was previously breeding then i'd suspect she is cystic because she has stopped breeding and so is experiencing hormone overload (thats not a technical term.....cant be bothered to go look it up! :roll:)

Hugo's There
12-01-2010, 04:38 PM
aww, bless her. If she was previously breeding then i'd suspect she is cystic because she has stopped breeding and so is experiencing hormone overload (thats not a technical term.....cant be bothered to go look it up! :roll:)

Its technical enough for me :lol:

Forgot to say she also needs a dental so this will be done at the same time if all is going Ok under GA

KarenM
12-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Poor Missus, she must be feeling very frustrated with all those hormones raging round. :( I'll keep everything crossed for Monday. :love:

Hugo's There
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Poor Missus, she must be feeling very frustrated with all those hormones raging round. :( I'll keep everything crossed for Monday. :love:

Thanks Karen.

It would be good to be able to put her food bowl in and know that you will definately still have all your fingers afterwards:lol:

Suzanne
12-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Good luck for Monday:)

Bluesmum
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks Karen.

It would be good to be able to put her food bowl in and know that you will definately still have all your fingers afterwards:lol:

Awww. Bless her!

KarenM
13-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks Karen.

:lol::lol::lol:

BunMom
13-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I think you are making the best decision for this fiesty old lady:love:

I also have a question...do unspayed does that have been bred from have less chance of developing uterine cancer than does that haven't been bred?
The reason I ask is because I had a "breeder" tell me this once.

Lots of vibes for the spay on Monday!

VickiP
13-01-2010, 12:56 PM
:wave: Best of luck, what a tough decision, you've made it with her best interests at heart and fingers crossed all goes well and to plan. She might be a tough ole girl ;) x

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Missus has just gone up to the vets for her spay and dental. She didn't seem quite as lively as usual this morning :? She did have a long time in the big run yesterday for the first time in ages so hopefully she is just tired.

Please keep your fingers crossed for her, I am so worried about what they are going to find when they open her up :?

Bluesmum
18-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Missus has just gone up to the vets for her spay and dental. She didn't seem quite as lively as usual this morning :? She did have a long time in the big run yesterday for the first time in ages so hopefully she is just tired.

Please keep your fingers crossed for her, I am so worried about what they are going to find when they open her up :?

Heaps of vibes coming her way.......

KarenM
18-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Keeping everything crossed for this grumpy but gorgeous little girl. :love::love:

sidereus7
18-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Sending lots of vibes for the Missus. xxx

Suzanne
18-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Hope it goes ok :)

Hanlou
18-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I really hope all goes well for Missus xx

Sending vibes and will be looking out for updates.

biscuitblossom
18-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Hope all goes well.x

sdf76
18-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I hope it all goes well.
Try to stay positive:).
I had Sooty spayed at the age of 9yrs by Jason Burgess who regularly does GA's on dental bunnies older than that. She was fine after her spay.
(I'm not going to say about the post-op care as I know you're more experienced than I am:))
I hope it all goes smoothly-sue :wave:

areia
18-01-2010, 10:40 AM
huge vibes being sent :)

lildebs
18-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Hoping everything goes well today :D

giantbunnymummy
18-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Sending loads of vibes for Missus. I really hope it all goes well for her.

orange
18-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Sending loads of vibes to Missus.

Bundinki
18-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Hope everything goes well today, sending lots & lots of healing positive vibes X

Any news yet about this feisty old lady ??

joey&bugys 2007
18-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Sending loads of vibes for Missus. Hope it all goes well today xx

KarenM
18-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Any news yet Liz?

RubyTed
18-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Lots of vibes for the little darling!

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Any news yet Liz?

No. I will ring in half an hour if I haven't heard anything

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 01:40 PM
She just died :cry::cry:

joey&bugys 2007
18-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Oh no Liz :cry:

I'm so sorry x

KarenM
18-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh gosh, no!!!! :cry::cry: I know I met her only briefly but it makes it all the more real when it's somebunny you 'know' if that makes sense and I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. I'm so gutted for you & Steve, Liz, and for Missus that she didn't get to enjoy the caring home you and Steve have given her for longer. I'm so sorry. :(

Sleep tight Missus. xxx

Jack's-Jane
18-01-2010, 01:44 PM
:cry: :cry:

xx

Bluesmum
18-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh Liz I am so sorry.
Binky free sweetheart :cry:

Liz1966
18-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry she has gone :(

VickiP
18-01-2010, 01:46 PM
She just died :cry::cry:

Oh how incredibly sad. I feel for you & how you must be feeling, it's not your fault, she obviously wasn't quite strong enough. Poor thing, I am sure it was a peaceful end and she wouldn't have known anything other than going to sleep. (Hopes) I am really so sorry. Hope you will alright xx

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I knew you would be gutted Karen:(

She didn't even make it to the proper GA she died just with sedation. They are doing a PM but more to look at her uterus and overies than to give any answers as to why we lost her today, although I am hoping for an answer there too. But as the vet pointed out when they go like that it is often for subclinical reasons.

I am just hoping they find something wrong with her overies and uterus so at least I will know I did the right thing by sending her for the op :(

RubyTed
18-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm so sorry Liz. :(:(

VickiP
18-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I knew you would be gutted Karen:(

She didn't even make it to the proper GA she died just with sedation. They are doing a PM but more to look at her uterus and overies than to give any answers as to why we lost her today, although I am hoping for an answer there too. But as the vet pointed out when they go like that it is often for subclinical reasons.

I am just hoping they find something wrong with her overies and uterus so at least I will know I did the right thing by sending her for the op :(

You really musn't blame yourself at all. Perfectly healthy rabbits don't sometimes pull through, there isn't any way of knowing, it was her time. You made the decision with your vets advice for her well-being and had the best of intentions, no guilt on your part or the vets whatsoever in my view. x

Becky86
18-01-2010, 01:53 PM
So sorry Liz :cry::cry: Sleep tight bunny xXx

helgalush
18-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh Liz, I am so sorry. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

x

BunMom
18-01-2010, 01:56 PM
:cry:I am so sorry, Binky free Missus:cry:

KarenM
18-01-2010, 02:00 PM
You really musn't blame yourself at all. Perfectly healthy rabbits don't sometimes pull through, there isn't any way of knowing, it was her time. You made the decision with your vets advice for her well-being and had the best of intentions, no guilt on your part or the vets whatsoever in my view. x

Definitely. :thumb: It's natural to look for somone to blame but it was nobody's fault. Nobody could have known and it was just a tragic ending to an op that was going to make Missus a much happier lady.

Hugbut
18-01-2010, 02:14 PM
So sorry she didn't make it :cry:

areia
18-01-2010, 02:16 PM
so sorry you lost her :cry:

Kermit
18-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Binky free beautiful bun xx
Sleep tight x

Candiflare
18-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Liz I am so sorry about this. My Ruby also got spayed today and I have just made the "lunchtime phonecall."

Please let us know what the results of the PM are. Sending lots of love to you and Binky Free to Missus xxx

orange
18-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Missus :(

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I have her PM results and they are not very good. The poor girl, neither I nor the vet know how she was still alive :(:(

Missus had a huge uterine tumour that had spread to her liver. She had more than one tumour on her liver, one of which had burst destroying part of her liver and causing a internal bleeding. Her abdomen was full of blood :(:(

How did she manage to munch her breakfast and hop about in the large run yesterday :shock:

Her ovaries were fine, so the behaviour and fur pulling must have been pain related as she would have been suffering terribly :( But we don't understand why she took the time to make such lovely nests from the fur:?

So at least I know now that they would have put her to sleep as soon as they opened her up anyway and there was nothing they could have done. In fact sending her for the op probably meant her suffering ended more quickly as she was hiding her problems so well.

If feel awful that she was suffering so much but her behaviour prevented us from being able to handle her and examine her properly :(

I had a real soft spot for her :love::(

areia
18-01-2010, 02:27 PM
:shock: wow it never ceases to amaze me how buns can hide pain so well, maybe the nest building was automatic or hormonal, she pulled it out, and thought shed better do something with it,

but at least you know,

binky free missus

Vegan_Bunny
18-01-2010, 02:27 PM
my god. poor girl :(

You couldn't possibly have known that she has tumors inside.

you made the right decision *hugs*

she was 8 years old that a good old age :)

Binky free xxx

KarenM
18-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Poor girl, she must have been in so much pain :(:( but you weren't to know.

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I did have feeling that she would have uterine cancer given her age, but didn't for a minute think it had spread so badly. I really hoped we would buy her some time :(

She was definately seemed hormonal as she also kept humping the young bun she was living with so they had to be seperated :? If she was in so much pain you wouldn't think she would have done that :?

Jaysmonkey
18-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry, binky free bunny. :cry:

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Just wanted to add for those that don't know that we had only had Missus since the 12th of december. She had been used as a breeding bunny and was being given away free on preloved at the age of 8 and a half :(

sdf76
18-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh I am so terribly sorry Liz:cry::cry:
-not at all the news i was expecting:cry:-sue x

Starlight
18-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm so sorry Liz :cry:

I am shocked, based on her pm results, that she was as lively as she was :shock:

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 02:43 PM

I am shocked, based on her pm results, that she was as lively as she was :shock:

I am gald that you and Karen saw her too and know how lively she was, as it makes me feel better about not seeing the signs. She also saw a vet twice in the past month and they never picked it up either :(

giantbunnymummy
18-01-2010, 02:46 PM

At least she got a few short weeks somewhere where she was loved.

Hugs.

KarenM
18-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Even a month ago when I collected her, she must have already been very poorly indeed and there was no way her behaviour showed just how ill she must have been.

She didn't even seem old - she seemed quite sprightly for an 8 year old and was humping poor Sunshine the minute she got out of the carrier.

Their ability to hide pain is amazing in one way, but very worrying at the same time. :(

Suzanne
18-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Poor thing. So sorry Liz :(:(

Stephy
18-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Just looked at this thread - how tragic, I'm so sorry you lost her xxxx :cry:

AilsaDS
18-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm soo sorry to hear that, poor Missus.

I'm sure she enjoyed her few short weeks with you though, she'll have experienced the freedom of being able to run free in a large pen & know the people looking after her really loved & cared for her.
There's not much more you can do than that... what a brave lady :love:

Biky free Missus

bunnymadhouse
18-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Liz im so sorry :(

Bundinki
18-01-2010, 03:20 PM
So sorry to hear about Missus Liz, at least you did all you could, I know you feared that she may have a tumour. Perhaps she had very little pain ? as she was still eating, at least she had your love & kindness, and got to be outside in the fresh air yesterday.

Binky free Missus

Biscuit's Mum!
18-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Poor Missus. I wonder if that awful breeder knew when she put her in preloved, maybe she didn't want the cost and trouble of caring for her :evil::censored:

You should be pleased that she got to have a few happy weeks at the end with you and got to know what freedom and happiness are. :love:

KateB
18-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm so sorry Liz - binky free Missus :(

VikkiVet
18-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear about Misssus :cry:
She probably wasnt in that much pain for that long - discomfort certainly, but the liver rupture would have occured minutes before the sedation at the most. there arent that many pain receptors in deep internal structures either - most illness comes from nausea and secondary signs. If her ovaries were unremarkable then she could have just been hormonal from being pregnant and lactationg a lot of her life, and some hormones are produced by the uterus itself. i dont know if that would cause her behavioural signs tho. She probably had a good run around beacuse it was the happiest she's ever been, despite the discomfort and pain. At least she went with sedation so pretty calm and peacefully. Hugs for you and Steve xx

biscuitblossom
18-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I've only just seen the updates Liz....so sorry you lost her although it doesn't sound as though there was anything you could have done for her :(

VickiP
18-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Awww just read the updates on this, what a sad story, although I would imagine by the sounds of it she is living on in the hundreds if not thousands of babies she had.:roll: I think it sounds to me like she just learned that behaviour and in the end it was habit, she sounds like she was a tough old girl afterall and I agree, you were there at the end for her and she was lucky to have found you to make the last month so comfortable. I doubt it would have been where she was before. No more pain or suffering now. Bless her little heart. Binky free little one :love:

Bungle bunny
18-01-2010, 04:19 PM
After reading this thread through, I am inclined to agree with those that think that the rupture occured only very recently. I am so pleased that she came to you and had the chance to run around for a whole day, she must have really enjoyed that.

You do a wonderful job Liz, every bun that comes to you has had an awful life and you dedicate yourself to making their last days/weeks happy, safe and pain free as possible.

You set yourself up for heartbreak everytime and this is sadly the load you must bear to allow these poor animals some happy time.

I take my hat off to you, you must never blame yourself. You must know that you do everything humanly possible to give them a quality of life they have never know for as long as possible.
My thoughts are with you.

Angela

lostunicorn
18-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Missie. She knew love and happiness with you, maybe she held on for that, she knew that there was someone out there who would make it all better, even if she could only enjoy it for a little while.

I'm really very sorry I just read her story on your website yesterday.:cry::cry:

Binky free Missie XXXX

LuceMarbles
18-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm so so sorry Liz. At least she cannot suffer any more and new love for a short while.

yvette
18-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh Bless her.Im so sorry.
She had a short time with you but Im sure she appreciated that.
Bless you for trying so hard.You must feel dreadful but dont blame yourself.xxx

attilathebun
18-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Awww No, I'm so sorry to read this Liz :(

Sadly her time had come and it's good to know she probably went peacefully under the sedation. Sounds like she deserved that at the very least.

Binky free Missus

biscandmatt1
18-01-2010, 06:15 PM
poor missus :cry::cry::cry: so incredibly sad :cry:

she is at peace now. have fun at the bridge xxx

Tinsel
18-01-2010, 06:19 PM
So sorry this has been so traumatic, but from her point of view, she fell asleep peacefully after being in pain for a very long time - if you hadn't gone ahead with the spay she would have had more time to suffer. :cry:

Lspacehopper
18-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Awww...I'm so sorry :( x

bunny mad lisa
18-01-2010, 06:21 PM
so very sorry for your loss Liz but at least she is now out of pain and you weren't to know how poorly she was.
You did your very best for her and getting her neutered was because you wanted her to have a long and happy life if you hadn't she would have been in more pain so you did the right thing for her,
binky free xxx

raine
18-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Liz, I am so sorry that this has happened. Its so unfair.

amyhhh
18-01-2010, 06:34 PM
So sorry :cry:
Binky free Missus

Wilbur
18-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I am so sorry. X

Hugo's There
18-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Thank you for all your kind words. I am really pleased that she isn't suffering any more too, just wish she had been able to tell me sooner how ill she was.

It was very quiet in the shed this evening with out her grunting and growling at me, she was a real character :(

Hanlou
18-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm so sorry to read this - the poor girl! It is incredible that she was still moving around at all with the results of the pm! At least she died loved and wanted - not as an unwanted and unloved rabbit that had outlived her 'usefulness'. :(

This thread is a tribute to her in a way Liz, as everyone has read it and cared and felt for her and she will be missed xx

Binky free Missus xx

((( hugs ))) to you Liz, am so sorry. But don't blame yourself for goodness sake, you did all you could for her, bless her.

poppymoon
18-01-2010, 08:06 PM
i'm sorry to hear she passed away:( you do such an amazing job tho - missus had a lovely last day with you, running around and enjoying herself:)

angeleyes
18-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm so sorry Liz, i can only echo what everyone else has said, its not your fault she had a lovely few weeks with you, stay strong xxxx

Cheeky
18-01-2010, 08:33 PM
So Sorry Liz.
Binky Free Missus

antigone
18-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm so sorry Liz. :cry:

Rhian33
18-01-2010, 09:44 PM
So sorry. You did absolutely everything you could for her. I so wish people would heed the advice about spaying.

gillmanning
18-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Liz. You do such amazing things for this little bunnies. I'm sure Missus had a truely wonderful time in the run yesterday :love:

Binky free little Missus xx

Michelleox
18-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Really sorry, poor Missus. So very sad:cry:

Santa
18-01-2010, 10:26 PM
She probably had a good run around beacuse it was the happiest she's ever been.

Totally agree with this - I bet the little mite is so grateful for the time she had with you, it allowed her to relax and drift off feeling loved and special. So sorry to hear you've lost her, I'm glad the pm has given you some answers and reassured you that you did the right thing. RIP beautiful girl xx

Bunnyaddict
18-01-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm so sorry Liz - poor Missus :cry::cry::cry: Binky free little sweetie xxxx

Cornishlass
19-01-2010, 06:50 AM
:cry: Soooo sorry to hear your news. You did all you could for her.

Milo+Fizz
19-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Im sorry you lost her but at least she is in no pain anymore. I wish it was common knowledge to neuter bunnies as it would stop so much suffering. I knew nothing about it until I joined this forum and dread to think of how the future would have been for Fizz if I hadn't joined!

Binky free sweet heart.

Fairy13
19-01-2010, 12:06 PM
I am so sorry you lost Missus. Thinking of you xx

Hugbut
19-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm glad you now have some answers, and you know you couldn't have done anything more for her. It's so sad when a bun doesn't make it but you gave her a warm loving home & yummy food in her last weeks, I'm sure she was very greatful to be taken in by you.

I'm very sorry for your loss :cry:

Rest in Peace Missus :love: