• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies eating their hay

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
do you ever wonder what goes through their heads when their eating it? they seem to be very selective over which bit they choose and it's never the same bit each time. they amuse me :lol: o this smells tasty o this bit smells grassy or this bit smells crunchie.

Mine are hayed up 3 times a day, & they ALWAYS have a ton left. But when I put fresh down they attack like they haven't eaten in a week.

And when I empty trays, they go for strands out of the bin bags:?

Mine are hayed up 3 times a day, & they ALWAYS have a ton left. But when I put fresh down they attack like they haven't eaten in a week.

Mine do this! It drives me bonkers as they behave like I starve them or something!

:lol::lol: mine do this as well :roll:....it's like just one more bit before you take it away! :lol:

Mine wouldn't dream of it. If the hay is not in pristine condition they will not touch it, I think they think they are royalty or something! :lol:

Feel better its not just my 3 that do that! They pull every bit of hay from the hutch, down the ramp and around the shed they are in! When i go in to them later all 3 are up there in the hutch-with no bedding! I put fresh in - they bring it down. I even tried to put it in big washing up tubs but one of them-think its Roger- turns it upside down. :roll:

If i think of taking it away i have Binky going through it in the bin, Roger trying to dig his way through my trousers to divert my attention whilst Piper stands on the rest of it! Its like they've been getting tips from the film SWAT!:lol:

What's with clean litter trays as well? I go in every night to clean them all out and put fresh newspaper,hay and shavings in and as soon as i turn my back all 3 are squeezing into one and have a group pee! Every night without fail!:lol:

They really cheer me up, i go into them after a depressing day and they all come running down the ramp and through the assault course of tunnels/toys and digging tray and 3 little faces peer up- can not beat it! So lucky!:love:

Saw the title and thought we were going to get pictures! :(:(

Mine attack me for their Kimberly Meadow hay. It was a really good year for hay and I've noticed that Ted prefers it to last years hay, which I struggled to get him to eat!!

that is exactly what mine do,
its like fresh hay "gimmmmmmmmmmmmeee"

hay in bin bag " nooooooooooooo i was saving that ":lol:

actualy reminds of when i clean my sons room, and i find a broken toy its like noo im keeping that

Back