• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding?

breeze

Mama Doe
hi can an un neutered male be bonded to a neutered female?ive got an un neutered buck who id like to bond up because with it being cold outside but worried about getting him neutered because hes old.not sure on exact age but he had an 04 ring on when i got him.
thanks

Depends on the male's temperment, but more than likely he would hump her constantly untiul she was miserable or fought back

5 isn't that old? Can you keep him in for 2-3 days after his neuter - or give him a heat pad?

well thing is he may annoy your female by wanting to hump too much. have you asked your vet to see what they think of deplumming him. by the way whats a ring?

I don't know anything about rings - is that the year 04 so he's 5 / 6? I know some rescues have had older buns neutered without a prob.

I'd worry that he'd harrass the female so I guess it depends on what his behaviour is like.

well thing is he may annoy your female by wanting to hump too much. have you asked your vet to see what they think of deplumming him. by the way whats a ring?

If a bun comes from a BRC registered breeder, it is "rung" - has a ring round it's leg with breeder details & year on:D

If a bun comes from a BRC registered breeder, it is "rung" - has a ring round it's leg with breeder details & year on

I'm not sure all BRC breeders ring pet bunnies. I thought the ring was for showing and you can only show if the ring is registered in your name and you are a member of the BRC?

o right cheers. ha didn't think you'd ring a bunny thought that was a birdie thing. had thoughts of this rabbit running about with a diamond ring :lol:

right ill look into getting him neutered firstly.i thought 6 would be classed as old.:oops: seen a lovely doe on rr but abit far away.miss bumble i think.so teeny.:)

o right cheers. ha didn't think you'd ring a bunny thought that was a birdie thing. had thoughts of this rabbit running about with a diamond ring

Actually I misplaced my engagement ring when cleaning the buns out Mon. Fell off my finger when hands were cold so you might not be far off the mark there! I did check the hutches tho!

Back