• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpimas Maximus

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Why doesn't Maximus like me?! :( Whenever I go to see him he startles...poor boy. Can't have been cuddled at all!!

He loves his food though!! :D

Why doesn't Maximus like me?! :( Whenever I go to see him he startles...poor boy. Can't have been cuddled at all!!

He loves his food though!! :D

My Maximus and Jemimah were the same, both had been badly handled and mis treated. It will take time to gain their trust. It took my Maximus about 1 year to trust me and Jemimah well she's a converted bunny now she's with Brian.:lol:

My Maximus and Jemimah were the same, both had been badly handled and mis treated. It will take time to gain their trust. It took my Maximus about 1 year to trust me and Jemimah well she's a converted bunny now she's with Brian.:lol:

I'm thinking a friend will help. I'm just not used to this kind of bunny. Mine confront me if I walk in a room and demand cuddles and food. I can't believe Max has never had this attention....along with many buns...It's saddening! At least I have him now! I'm sure in time he'll get used to me!

He's not deaf is he?

hmmm....don't think so...Is there anything I can do to see? I think it's just a life of no handling. When I get him he enjoys nose rubs and strokes, but I have to sit with him for about 10 minutes until he'll come near me himself!

I haven't shown Oliver him yet, he'd probably have a heart attack!

I'm thinking a friend will help. I'm just not used to this kind of bunny. Mine confront me if I walk in a room and demand cuddles and food. I can't believe Max has never had this attention....along with many buns...It's saddening! At least I have him now! I'm sure in time he'll get used to me!

I'm sure he will. Unfortunately with buns from P@H adoption you don't know much of their background. My two were not products of old stock that didn't sell, mine were dumped/ brought in by members of the public. Jemimah was left in a cardboard box outside the store overnight, understandably she was terrified and nervous of everything. Maximus was 9 months old and had two huge gashes in his sides which turned to abscesses :(, it doesn't help that he has poor eye sight (he regularly scans) I think he was severely miss treated, hence why it took so long to gain my trust, independent of my attempts of an alliance with him. Hopefully your Maximus didn't have too much of a rough start to life and he'll come around sooner rather than later.

Good luck. :)

I'm sure he will. Unfortunately with buns from P@H adoption you don't know much of their background. My two were not products of old stock that didn't sell, mine were dumped/ brought in by members of the public. Jemimah was left in a cardboard box outside the store overnight, understandably she was terrified and nervous of everything. Maximus was 9 months old and had two huge gashes in his sides which turned to abscesses :(, it doesn't help that he has poor eye sight (he regularly scans) I think he was severely miss treated, hence why it took so long to gain my trust, independent of my attempts of an alliance with him. Hopefully your Maximus didn't have too much of a rough start to life and he'll come around sooner rather than later.

Good luck. :)

Poor bun buns!

I think he was just left alone, after the initial "bunny fever" wore off. When he and his doefriend "surprisingly" had a few litters they were all given the boot! *sigh*

:( When do you plan to get him done?

ASAP! Just got a stupid vets bill that I didn't know I owed, and after going to Liverpool I'm pretty moneyless, but next week I should be able to! They'll all need jabs then too! :shock::shock: It's a good thing I'm not spending much on ChrisMoose!! Ol and I are making presents!!

ASAP! Just got a stupid vets bill that I didn't know I owed, and after going to Liverpool I'm pretty moneyless, but next week I should be able to! They'll all need jabs then too! :shock::shock: It's a good thing I'm not spending much on ChrisMoose!! Ol and I are making presents!!

Aww that'll be fun making the pressies not the jabs! :lol: Yes, I thought you said his plums were huge! so best get him done soon! :p When does other bunny come into the picture?:)

Aww that'll be fun making the pressies not the jabs! :lol: Yes, I thought you said his plums were huge! so best get him done soon! :p When does other bunny come into the picture?:)

Indigo Skye (formally Blue) is coming whenever Jon is next coming past me! :D Her spay was a few weeks ago and went really well. She's apparently really coming out of her shell, and is a different bunny.

http://brinsleyanimalrescue.org/2009/06/14/blue-female/

Isn't she beautiful?! :love:

try lying down!

When our rabbits have been at the nervy stage, lying down and waiting for them to come to us has often worked. It needs lots of self control not to reach out when they get near, but truly to wait for them to push their noses in! Having a good book helps.

And with some buns confidence only grows very slowly. Some never become really cuddly, but they show their love and trust in other ways, with excitement when you are near, or by talking or playing just out of reach, or by outwitting you when you are trying to catch them, then 'giving in' at the last moment.

Good luck.

Back