• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT: Help needed.

Veronica

Mama Doe
The tension between Snowy and Baby has been noticeable since I collected them. Baby is extremely territorial, towards me (when feeding), equipment (when cleaning/feeding), and over Snowy (if I go to stroke him, she will jump in and try and intercept by attacking me).

I have been aware the two need separating and have been looking for spare housing or someone to take Baby out of this situation, unfortunately to no avail as yet.

Tonight I have witnessed the first outright aggressive attack by Baby against Snowy. Luckily neither rabbit has physical wounds as a result of this, but I am no longer taking any chances and have separated the two as of tonight.

Unfortunately, I have, due to being very ill-resourced (I sold off all my old housing after Leonard passed away), had to quickly knock together some make-shift housing (a sections off section of the shed) to keep Baby in. This is by no means secure and ideal. However, I have had to take immediate action as I am under no doubts now that a full blown fight will occur between the two.

I am asking urgently now for any help, ideally if someone has space, to take this rabbit in. My vet is certain she has never been spayed, so would certainly need spaying to help her aggression and frustration. I would be happy for her to go as a foster and be spayed in her foster home, and then reattempted to be bonded back to Snowy. Or, the other option is if a rescue has space (I know this is asking almost the impossible at this time of year), as a foster on the same basis, or take Baby into rescue on the understanding I would be looking for a female at a later date once Snowy has returned to full health (as I would like Snowy paired up eventually).

I am basically calling out for any help that is out there. At the moment, I have two incompatible bunnies (dangerously so), and a temp housing setup. No way ideal for any bunny.
This is a community of bunny lovers. You are the best people to turn to for advice and help.

Again, as per my last thread...to anyone thinking of 'helping' or taking on unknown bunnies (as I have done here), ....please be very careful, as I am learning here!! :?

Last edited:
Just to clarifiy- you are lookin for a temporary home for one of them untill they can be rebonded? Are you going to pay for the spaying and care while in foster care?

How difficult for you :(

I hope somebody can help, I would offer but live too far away, I'd love to have the opportunity to try pet fostering and was made redundant this year so have time on my hands!

Just to clarifiy- you are lookin for a temporary home for one of them untill they can be rebonded? Are you going to pay for the spaying and care while in foster care?

It's certainly an option yes :) Of course if she was to be fostered on the basis she would come back to me for rebond, then I would happily pay for all her care needs.

She's a lovely bunny. I feel the most sorry for her if I'm honest. She's had the most upheaval in the last 12 months than many animals, and this has certainly taken a toll on her behaviour. On a one to one she is actually a beautiful, soft natured little girl.
I have a huge soft spot for her, and hate seeing her in this stressed out way.
It is only the fact that Snowy is poorly, and I feel another move for him would be dangerous that has geared my decision in it being her of the two that I can't hold here.

Some pics of Baby taken tonight.

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

I would've been able to help, but I am in quarantine still (myxi), & typically tons of space:roll:

I do have several spare dog crates kicking about (in shed so away from my in-house myxi issues), so if you want one of those, you are welcome to it.

(Angie - if you are reading - not the one I nicked off you:oops:)

what an awful decision. just a wee suggestion if you have the money now get her booked in for her spay, it'll take a few days for her to recover so she'll be less aggressive to snowy so keep them together plus the drive down to the vets will stress them both. i would also scrub clean their living area if you can. i can perfectly understand how your feeling my petal it seems will always be alone as she is very territoral and nasty to other buns. i hope something can be sorted for you. wishing you all the best.

Thank you to Angie for your very kind offer!

Also, I've had another very kind off from Kayj to foster Baby for me. This was certainly going to be the most probably option as of 15mins ago, when I sourced a 48inch dog crate on ebay selling in my local area. I've emailed the guy and he's said I can pick it up tonight if I win the auction.
Fingers crossed I win the auction, I can keep Baby here with me! :love: 5minutes of the acution to go!! ARRRRGGGHH!!

Back