• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could this be the worlds smallest hutch?

Stator

Warren Veteran
smallest.jpg

It's barely 1ft high, I guess they mean it for Guinneas, but still :(

I've just done a homecheck for someone who was using one of these for their rabbit. Luckily since enquiring about getting a friend for him, they have got a shed, and this is now the cosy quarters inside the shed...

Pants, that's all I can say about it.

What a cute little wooden box... :shock: How, er, dinky!

I really wonder at the brains of people who see things like that and obviously go 'great! That'll do for my rabbit/guinea pig perfectly!' I mean, come on people, use your imagination and consider how cramped you'd feel in a box like that...!

Personally it's the price that I'm shocked at!!! If you're daft enough to pay that much for it, then you really are stupid!!!!!!:shock:

NOPE i dont think so! I will try to get a pic of the one at my local petshop:shock: it is TINY,they said it just appeared on their delivery but it should not be sold in my opinion.will try to get pics!!

24" !!!!!!!!!! What on earth ??

As you say, have some pity on the idiots with no imagination, who believe this is a good life for an animal. BUT, not too much pity.....

That's awful. Have people got no common sense? My personal opinion on the matter is that people should do research before buying a pet but I think also that if shops are selling hutches/cages/ runs etc which are unsuitable you can't really put 100% of the balme on the purchaser as they may assume that if something is being marketed to be used for a certain purpose then it's fit for the intended purpose. I think it's actually a legal requirement for that to be the case.

I've seen this exact hutch in a pet shop near where I live. I was pretty shocked when I saw it. What do they expect to put in that? A mouse? :shock:

I think there are only one or two of these companies who make these tiny hutches, but they just use different "brands" in different shops. I wish I could find out who they were and I could send them a complaint letter. I suspect they just import this stuff from places like china though.

they are common in small pet shop theres 3 down my way that sell them.

one i gave them an earfull as she was so rude to me, i was nice at first, she selling bunnies moms with babies in those plastic box you get at the adoption bit in p@h, in the end i just told her you get an inspector knock on your door, you can be sure it from me :evil:

havent had a chance to pop into the one near my mum yet,

i had a word with the one i buy my bales from, they are loverly people listened to me babble on, but i just got the look of amuse her say we will think about blah blah, i will say they do also sell some loverly hugeeeeeee hutches too, but shes put my make mine chocolate picture in her window though which is something,

small pet shop owners most of the time its about money and it falls on deaf ears :(

Back