• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i've just had a right crisis with the vets! if i wasn't going to pass out from anxiety and stress then i will do now!!!! basically they are saying i owe loads of money on the account... and it is because one of them told me one payment ages ago included another £70 deposit taken for the nebuliser... when now it turns out it didn't and i am so mad because she told me to my face this stupid woman and now i am £70 down... plus another £93 ish since then.... and i already paid the first £70 deposit! so they have let me pay over £233 for a nebuliser!!!! i am so annoyed. i can't pay it. and they told me on two separate occasions that i was being charged £1.68 a day for renting it... and now they have been charging me £1.83 since the beginning!

each time i go i pay about £100 ish.... so next time i go they will be asking for the money owed aswell as the payment for that day aswell... and i really am all out now.

i have paid well over £2000 since feb and we are struggling so much now.

just paid £82 for matts meds today for over xmas.

i am so stressed because i have to pay the rent on the 22nd and i don't know how.

my poor brother just answered the home phone when i rang to speak to my mum and got the full story! think he needs a lie down now!

sorry but i am just so mad!

i never stand up for myself or anything but this time i told them i can't and won't pay until i work out all the costs.... and i am speaking to the manager aswell and i will pay the £1.68 a day, not the £1.83 because i wasn't told this.

if aidan wasn't there i wouldn't go there anyway. but if i have to then i will have to pay it all because i have to go there, matt and bisc need to see aidan.

oh the joys of being so skint!!!

Hi, so sorry that this has all got on top of you.
I would suggest setting a meeting either with your vet or the practice manager to work out a payment scheme
most vets allow people to pay in installments, or with post-dated cheques, especially at the moment as so many are in financial trouble
Work out how much you can afford to pay per month/week first. if you;ve been a good client before they should be ok with it.

what's going on with vets? tabby's op, '£85 with pain relief', was £104 on the day. good job i hadn't intended to take in the cash.

I am quite amazed at veterinary costs in the UK compared to Australia. Our bunny was in hospital from Wednesday morning until Friday afternoon. The bill, including all meds and syringe feeding as well as x-rays was $128 or £69.

A normal check up which always includes nail clipping costs $17.50 or £9.40.

I have paid over £300 this week for Bungle treatment. He had a GA and was stitched as an emergency Sat night, by Wednesday the stitches had come out so I had to pay another £120 to have it redone. It it doesnt hold this time I dont know what I am going to do as I dont have any more savings!

it is all just so expensive! it is actually £185.99 on the statement that they are saying i now owe. i have to go through all the account because it is in a right state.

also, it is printed from july and the total amount spent there is ..... :shock: and we started everything in feb so the costs are probably more than i first thought! :shock:

i will get it sorted. either way, looks like i haven't paid at least £70 that i thought i had... and that is the womans fault.... but the fact is that i haven't paid it, whether she told me i had or not... so better get something sorted out.

so annoyed because all that wasted money that could have gone towards further treatments etc. :(

just been working out the statement and it is wrong. i have been over charged so i am going to email them and sort it out and hopefully get it paid off soon. glad i have found the mistake in it. i knew it was wrong!!! :)

:shock: Blimey thats a shock.

It always surprises me that our vets do not give receipts with a breakdown of costs like garages do. That makes me suspicious cos you can't keep track.

And why the 300% mark up on medicines, so £20 cost is £60 to customer?

It always surprises me that our vets do not give receipts with a breakdown of costs like garages do. That makes me suspicious cos you can't keep track.

yeh, everything is so expensive. i can get a print out receipt when i go but to be honest i just didn't think about it at the time. :roll:

dan has just been to pick up some meds and this snotty receptionist was all moody with him and that. she's so horrible. she lied to me when i questioned her about the bill once and said it was so much because i had had money taken off towards the nebuliser cost. turns out i hadn't! :evil: she just couldn't be bothered working it out for me. and when i rang up a few times after matts op to see how he was, she told me not to harrass the vet! :shock::evil: think i have the right to ring and see how my pet is doing. :evil: seriously, she is such a cow. :evil:

sorry, rant over!

yeh, everything is so expensive. i can get a print out receipt when i go but to be honest i just didn't think about it at the time. :roll:

dan has just been to pick up some meds and this snotty receptionist was all moody with him and that. she's so horrible. she lied to me when i questioned her about the bill once and said it was so much because i had had money taken off towards the nebuliser cost. turns out i hadn't! :evil: she just couldn't be bothered working it out for me. and when i rang up a few times after matts op to see how he was, she told me not to harrass the vet! :shock::evil: think i have the right to ring and see how my pet is doing. :evil: seriously, she is such a cow. :evil:

sorry, rant over!

Time for a new vet I think, I wouldn't be comfortable with this, either that or have a word with the vet next time about this ladies attitude.

You should always insist on this and keep it in the vacs folder for reference. They have to provide one if you ask.

Time for a new vet I think, I wouldn't be comfortable with this, either that or have a word with the vet next time about this ladies attitude.

apparantly she just has a harsh personality! i even heard her talk to staff and the vet like this aswell! she rings aswell if you don't turn up right on time! :shock: she rang me and said 'are you bothering coming in today!' :shock: i was literally a minute late because of traffic! :shock:

i see aidan there, he is an amazing vet so i wouldn't leave. the other staff are nice and aidan is great. just her, she takes some getting used to!

another girl who worked there said that is just her way when i mentioned it... but even so... she shouldn't be on reception... she certainly isn't a people person! :lol:

i only go there for aidan so if he wasn't there i probably wouldn't bother. great vets though. even the reception staff and nurses have to be really clued up about everything so they are good at what they do. :)

I don't understand how all these bills get worked out. My vet is fantastic, I know all the staff personally, and do volunteer work in there when the weather is better so that i can actually bear to leave the house!
For a small furry consult, it is £8.50, with any follow-ups being £6. And vaccinations are £11 each. The vet is fantastic, and has been very highly recommended by everyone I speak to, she's one of thes lovely people who actually takes the time to get to know her customers names and such. Her reception staff are lovely, as are her nurses, etc.
She does 90% of her emergency call-out work herself, and considering she must be over 60, I think she is an amazing woman and I have alot of respect for her.

I don't understand how all these bills get worked out. My vet is fantastic, I know all the staff personally, and do volunteer work in there when the weather is better so that i can actually bear to leave the house!
For a small furry consult, it is £8.50, with any follow-ups being £6. And vaccinations are £11 each. The vet is fantastic, and has been very highly recommended by everyone I speak to, she's one of thes lovely people who actually takes the time to get to know her customers names and such. Her reception staff are lovely, as are her nurses, etc.
She does 90% of her emergency call-out work herself, and considering she must be over 60, I think she is an amazing woman and I have alot of respect for her.

she sounds fantastic! :D

Back