• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this look ok? *Gross pic*

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Not sure if Polos 'bits' look quite normal. One of the cuts looks like it has gone a bit yellow :?

IMG_0047.jpg

It's hard to tell from a photo but they look fine to me :) Scabs can be browny yellow, as long as the skin isn't swollen and angry/red colour and there is no puss it should be fine.

When did he have the op? My buns were glued afterwards and there was no yellow at all. The incision line was red, but no oozing at home. I'm no expert, but it looks quite different to my bunnies. May have been a different technique though. If it feels hot and swollen I would definately go back to the vets- The post op check was free at our vets.
Good luck

When did he have the op? My buns were glued afterwards and there was no yellow at all. The incision line was red, but no oozing at home. I'm no expert, but it looks quite different to my bunnies. May have been a different technique though. If it feels hot and swollen I would definately go back to the vets- The post op check was free at our vets.
Good luck

I'd expect that area to be hot (but not REALLY hot.) Swollen and red is always a bad sign....no idea about yellow weepage!

He had it on Monday. He did have a chew at it and opened the wound up on Monday night so had it re glued.
Its not hot and doesn't seem swollen. Nothing oozing out, the yellow is dry and stuck on, not sure if it is just a scab :? Doesn't seem to be causing him any discomfort either

Is the yellow new or did he have it when he came home? Cos isn't there a sterile solution or antiseptic that they use for that sort of thing that is yellow? Sorry, maybe complete wild card, but just a thought.

It appeared sometime between yesterday morning and yesterday night, so don't think it can be anything left over from the op

it looks perfectly fine to me...all ours tend to go like that after a couple of days :wave:

Good luck

I agree if it's really hot and swollen aswell, difficult to tell at the angle - although I would be inclined to keep an eye on this and possibly gently wipe with some cooled boiled water soaked cotton wool when he is due his post op check?

Cos isn't there a sterile solution or antiseptic that they use for that sort of thing that is yellow?

You might be thinking of iodine. Not sure if they use it on buns tho.

Back