• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooty has been a good girl today - proud mum :)

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I had to take Sooty for her Myxi jab this afternoon and she HATES her carrier - It took me about 20 mins to get her in - with lots of faffing by me and stamping by her..

We got to the vets - A brilliant vet i must add -- she was sooo thorough and checked her all over and said she is in excellent health :D - teeth, ears, stomach and heart all good... She was so caring and gentle with her as she could tell she was scared stiff and asked me lots of questions about diet etc etc which I thought was really good (even though i know the essentials from coming on here i guess a lot of people dont!!!)

She also talked through bonding and what to do etc - without me even asking - paid £16 and came home with a flopped out Sooty in her carrier :D - she is now home and tucking into lots of lovely hay..

Well done Soots x

Really glad it went well for you and Sooty. Ness saw a good vet today aswell and was a good girl he reassured me that I can request a senior partner for her surgery and they have been vets over 30 years so feeling better aswell tonight x

I had to take Sooty for her Myxi jab this afternoon and she HATES her carrier - It took me about 20 mins to get her in - with lots of faffing by me and stamping by her..

We had this today for the myxi jabs except I faffed and my son did the catching :lol: - but well done to Sooty! :)

Cost us £50 for 2 jabs - the difference in areas for vet prices :roll:

aww thats good Vikki - glad yours went ok too - any after effects from the cylap?? and that must make you feel a bit better about her op!

Lunar - I was soo worried she was going to bite me but when i eventually plucked up the courage she was fine - she wouldnt even go in for pellets :roll:

We had this today for the myxi jabs except I faffed and my son did the catching :lol: - but well done to Sooty! :)

Cost us £50 for 2 jabs - the difference in areas for vet prices :roll:

Ouch, that is a lot, we pay £35 for the myxi and VHD as we book and pay for them both together, we also get a 10% discount for 3 buns, that will include the neutering.

From what I have seen on here the prices are dreadful at our vets but they are very lovely and the vet nurses are so helpful and kind. The 3 vets at the clinic all seem to know a lot about rabbits and always ask the right questions and handle them very well.
I am loathe to change vets even though it is more expensive as it is near, they have excellent emergency cover and they have been brilliant with Miffy and Fluffy so far. So I'll just have to keep handing the bills to the OH :lol:
:)

Back