• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
Just bought Penny Pocket home from her dental. She is still a little groggy and unsteady on her paws bless her but is eating absolutely fine.

Don't know whether to keep her in tonight as it is going to be really cold out this evening or do you think she'll be fine once the anesthetic has worn off?

Yes I have two. She lives with three other buns in a shed which already has those tubular heater things to just take the edge of the cold x

In that case I think she'll be fine to go back out. Keeping her in will do more harm than good. I'd be tempted to check on her a couple of times in the night to make sure she's not deteriorating but bun company would probably do her the world of good.

I'd probably do the opposite to be honest (not that that's very helpful). I'd put her and her bond mates in the coldest inside place I have and given a snugglesafe too. I did this for Tilly's dental last week and it turned out to be a good move because she struggled greatly (although, none of my other dental bunnies have ever struggled, but they all spend at least one night indoors). I then put them outdoors at the mildest part of the day, so that it is the least shock to the system possible.

Thanks! I think it's cause she looks really forlorn at the moment - like a little drunkard but she'll probably be ok by bedtime. I'll put my snugglesafes in aswell. Thanks for your help :wave:

I'd probably do the opposite to be honest (not that that's very helpful). I'd put her and her bond mates in the coldest inside place I have and given a snugglesafe too. I did this for Tilly's dental last week and it turned out to be a good move because she struggled greatly (although, none of my other dental bunnies have ever struggled, but they all spend at least one night indoors).

Oh :shock: However it would be impossible to have all four buns indoors. There is just nowhere to put them at all.

Buns have trouble regulating their temp after a GA, so I'd be inclined to keep her in one night. If you could turn the heating off in one room she wont adjust to the heat but it should still be warmer than outside.

I'd probably bring in one then, so she has company (sorry, I thought she was part of a trio, but I was misunderstanding and being thick about it :lol:), and I would choose either her best friend, or the one who is easiest to rebond to others. that's just my opinion though, and not something you have to do, or even necessarily the best thing to do because everyone's buns are different, but its what I would do, that's all.

Thanks for the advice everyone despite it being conflicting!? I suppose we know our buns better than anyone don't we? ;)

I will see how she goes I think and then make a decision as to what to do. She's a bit of an independent bun really so doesn't really have a best friend. I'm not worried about the bonding being broken as I have NEVER had that problem with them before. They always welcome each other with open paws.

I'll see how she goes x

Well I've just put her out.

She suddenly started to come around - started troughing some fenugreek crunchies and loads of parsley, pooping, took quite a lot of water that I gave her in a syringe and was generally running round like a nutter! :roll:

I've put the snugglessafes out there and told the others to snuggle up to her and keep her warm. They all ran to her and started licking her :love:

I had to do it sooner rather than later when it gets really cold. I will check on her at bedtime and again in the night just to check. Thanks for all your help guys :wave:

Aaaaw, that's ggod. Sorry I didn't agree with the others I just knew it would stress mine out more being inside than in their snug shed that they know.

I'm sure she will be fine especially with 3 bunny nurses with her :wave:

Aaaaw, that's ggod. Sorry I didn't agree with the others I just knew it would stress mine out more being inside than in their snug shed that they know.

I'm sure she will be fine especially with 3 bunny nurses with her :wave:

Don't worry it's one of those things where you just don't know what to do for the best and then you wonder if you're fussing too much :? We all do what we think is best at then end of the day - there is no right or wrong x

Back