• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost stasis advice

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Jelly had stasis in November 2009. she was admitted for 3 days. in feb she has stasis but came home just had some jabs at the vets and she picked up within hours.

Then over the summer she had it again, but mildly , as i could treat her at home with tummy rubs and critical care. This was after a storm.

Then again over the summer. Then she had her myxi jab 3 weeks ago and the day I came back to bournemouth that morning she wouldnt eat. Dad took her to the vets just before i travelled back to bmouth so i was very worried. She was home by the evening.

Shes done this twice now since ive been back at uni mum has told me. She does all the same signs each time. The vet said her teeth are a bit sharp but not bothering her. she may need a dental in the future.

Any advice? I dont see why this is happening to her?

Does she stress easily? Autumn has only had statis once but it was completely unexplainable with exception to the fact her partner had been a bit grumpy lately. My vet was convinced it was stress that set her off.

Its odd isnt it honey im thinking has slight stasis just now and she eats loadsa of hay is very active and eats well!! how do they get it??

one of the vets ive spoke to about Alvin said its the same as humans, some animals are prone to tummy issues for no real reason just the way they are made.

im still a bit freaked out that Alvin has had a stasis episode on the same day exactly a year apart :?

no she isnt a stressy bunny at all, she is so chilled out. Shes a grumpy little madam but shes feisty, she isnt shy or anything. she once binkied at the vets! she just isnt phased by anything.

but she doesnt have a sensitive tummy as in what she can eat, she can eat anything and everything, its just so varied.

My Smokey is very similar, she is very prone to GI upsets. I've found that feeding her on a small amount of dried food (my two have a tablespoon per day each of Russel Rabbit) and tonnes of hay helps. She also seems to do better on mix rather than pellets, neither of mine selectively feed, so that is not an issue.

this is whats odder, she has tonnes of hay, and shes aways good with her pellets. Theres just no reason to it. and its onlybeen in this past year.

I cant help but think maybe while she doesnt get stressed by noises, transport etc maybe all the stress os knowing peanut was ill, and then him dying, and then her being bonded again, moving into the shed, its just abut much for her right now.

no she isnt a stressy bunny at all, she is so chilled out. Shes a grumpy little madam but shes feisty, she isnt shy or anything. she once binkied at the vets! she just isnt phased by anything.

but she doesnt have a sensitive tummy as in what she can eat, she can eat anything and everything, its just so varied.

My Midge is exactly the same as this,yet tonight I have her on meds again for her tum- that must be the fourth time this year - and I can't see a reason for it other than she seems prone to it.

thats Alvin too, hes travelled to scotland, been for bonding and boarding and was fine... im late with breakfast and its hunger strike and deaths door :roll:

Flopsy had similar symptoms to this earlier this year. The vets couldn't see any real problems with her teeth, but after it had happened a few times they took her in and put her under GA. It turned out her teeth were overgrown and causing ulceration but it couldn't be seen just by looking in her mouth. Since she has had her teeth done she hasn't had anymore episodes.
Might be similar with Jelly?

Back