• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new person

hi i want a rabbit but dont know alot about them so i ask a friend call carmen and she told me to join here and she told me the thing i need to do to look after them and want i need

Hello and welcome you are definately in the right place to learn! Approaching a local rescue will also help - they can give you an idea of what buns they have a avilable and what their rehoming requirements are

hiya welcome to the forum

well done for wanting to research before you get one,

i have to say bunnies are not cheap and are not as easy to look after as people think,

fire away at any questions you have, we have a nice bunch of people here who will help you out :D

Hello and welcome :wave: You should find everything you need here.

Webkath has given some really good advice about approaching a rescue. You will normally be given an already bonded pair of bunnies that have been neutered so you won't have that worry.

i'd kept rabbits in the past, and i've had matthew and tabitha for two years. i've learned virtually everything i know in the few months i've been coming here BUT if you haven't already got your rabbits, i think its only fair to warn you - they cost serious money! i've spent over £300 this month (vets and food etc) and my average monthly rabbit bill, with insurance, food and housing is around £80. i was only thinking this morning that if anyone asked, i'd have to tell them that a hamster is a much cheaper option!

oh, and welcome! :D

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Having rabbits in your life is great :D As others are saying, just make sure you understand in advance how much they cost to look after, and also think about the time commitment.

There are lots of gorgeous rabbits in rescue waiting for homes - have a look at the Rabbits in Need section on the forum, I'm sure you'll see some you like the look of :D

Hiya, welcome to the forum! :wave:

It's great that you came here before getting rabbits - I wish I'd known about it right from the start! Any questions you've got just fire away! :D

Hello and welcome to the forum, we are at your service so anything you want to know, we will be glad to help. The comments that have been made about the cost are really important and will help you decide if you can afford a bunny, the next thing is that you actually need 2 bunnies not one as they can be very unhappy if they are lonely.

Back