• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bob IS a Husbun. :o)

BobbleG

Mama Doe
After much consideration/worrying/debating, we have decided to introduce Bob to a lady bun. :shock:

It's been a big decision because he's been so happy and content for these past 3 years. But this forum (and some of you little tinkers!) have made me think that perhaps even Bob would like a furry footed friend.

The lovely Louise of 'Louise & Gus' (who I have threatened to kidnap until the bonding is completed!) has home-checked us and will be introducing this gorgeous little girl to us and our home tomorrow. I hope she likes us.

Before: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ighlight=Rocky :(

After: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...highlight=Roxy :D

We're really excited but I'm very nervous. :oops:

Will they get on?
Will Bob be upset with me for disrupting his happy life and ruining everything?
Will Roxy take to us and settle in our home and be happy (she'll be a house bun)?
Will Bob still love me just as much? (I know that's selfish but I can't help it)

Anyway, I'm putting this on here because it makes it real (and I'm hoping some of you might give me some words of encouragement!!).

I promise not to be so neurotic in front of the two buns on Friday. I will be calm personified...... :?

Last edited:
AS someone once said on here, once you see your bun snuggled up to a wifey/husbun, you'll wish you'd done it sooner;) I found it to be true with Amber:)

Last edited:
Good luck. :D:D But please don't kidnap Louise for too long because I'll be needing her bonding services soon as well. ;):lol::lol:

Louise knows exactly how to give them the best possible chance of bonding success, so you've no worries on that one. ;)

I'll be completely honest and say that it's possible your relationship with Bob might change (but it might not). Alfie was a lot more loving and snuggly towards me before he was bonded with Bubbles, but I am much happier knowing that he has company of his own kind 24/7 & that he can have snuggles from Bubbles whenever he chooses.

Cant get the links to work :(

Hopefully they will get on well. I know i was nervous when Herbie & Inca were meeting for the first time, but all went well.

Im sure that Bob will still love you just as much. The main thing is that when you are out or busy, Bob will have somebun to snuggle in to :)

Ah, thanks everyone. I need to be less selfish and just think of Bob. And Roxy.

I really hope it all works out. It will have to because otherwise Louise won't be allowed to leave to help you KarenM! :lol:

Well I took Roxy round to meet Bob this morning, I left around 4 and everything was going great, right from the very start they were both really chilled out, Bob has done a bit of humping but generally just laying around :lol: :lol: Roxy seems desperate for his love, he has groomed her a little (with the help of some yummy fibreplex on her ears :lol: )

Sorry for the quality of the pic, it was on my phone

DSC00121-1-1.jpg

I am sure BobbleG will update later :D:D

Last edited:
Brilliant news, so glad that after 6 rubbish owners and a brilliant foster home, Roxy finally has a place to call 'home' :D Great to see that the bonding is going so well :)

Sorry for taking so long to update.....we have been busy bunny watching.:)

Well, it's all going really well. We have renamed her Olive (because she's black and looks like one ;)) and she is very keen on Bob.

There has been grooming and some side-by-side lying. If asked I think she'd say she would like a bit more attention (he's sooo laid back he can't really be bothered to make the effort) but he's been happy to share his litter tray and food bowl with her.
There's been zero aggression (if you overlook the few lazy attempts at humping) and I think she's starting to feel quite settled.

Olive is a little nervous still and is obviously not used to much noise or activity. She has let me give her lots of nose rubs though and was even a bit grindy this morning. :D

We can't believe how well Bob has accepted her and how well Olive has come to terms with her new environment. Seeing her 'flop' and binky was an absolute joy. :D I hope one day soon she will get used to all the new space around her and accept the tall creatures (Rob and I!) into her lives.

We loved her immediately.

Thanks once again to you Louise for letting Olive become part of our family - and for everything you did for her before she got to us.
We won't let you down.

X

Last edited:
Back