• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can head tilt buns

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
live outside? (in a shed type set up with aviary run)

be bonded with no detriment to other buns health (assuming both a panacured for 6 weeks before hand) & minimum detriment to their own:?

Are they hard to care for? Would you take one on? Time consuming short term is not an issue, but I would struggle if was every day forever. (although would still obviously do it if it came up later)

What's life expectancy?

& very important - be vaccs against myxi?

Tilly lives outside :) She was bonded with Summer (RIP) and Roger, and currently remains bonded with Roger. It has been great for her to have bonded friends. She gets physical relief from them because she rests her head across them, which gives her neck a break.

Tilly is fully vaccinated and will continue to be vaccinated. She was done against Myxu while under treatment, but having had bad VHD reactions, we waited until she had beaten her infection to vaccinated against VHD.

I took her on knowing she had head tilt and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. When she was getting treatment it was incredible to see her relearn all her skills and become a proper rabbit with no problems other than a slightly wonky head. She's awesome.

When she was on treatment (we never treated with panacur, just anti-biotics- Convenia, in her case), she had weekly injections and fibreplex daily. I massaged her whenever I could, and also did physio every other day. She also liked a warm snugglesafe to rest her neck on.

Her life expectancy was not that different from the average rabbit once she beat her infection. It is a bit different now because she had a dental last week which knocked her for 6, but if we can get her through that, I would again expect her life expectancy to be normal unless she develops any further problems.

I would take on another head tilt bunny again. I think they are super awesome and such a huge pleasure. It is scary and distressing to watch though, in some cases and each head tilt bunny is completely different from others, but I would definitely take another if the need arose.

Our Blackberry lives outside with his partner Pumpkin - he is a happy little soul - though the EC left him part blind and deaf since birth.

Cant say about outside, but just wanted to say that my Kermit was really not that much trouble at all, yes he did have spells, but any bunny could.

Just needed his 'down' eye treated for dryness and infection now and again.

Id take another head tilt bunny on no probs.

Back