• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heellppppppp

i'm sorry, i don't know. someone who knows will be along soon, i'm sure. thinking of you.

eta - see. there's always someone here. its sounds like things aren't ok for you...

ok i have to admit this is strange question to ask are you ok ?
have you found your rabbit and suspect it had died ? :?
if you have found your bunny put your hand on it see if you can feel it breathing, you can check for pulse on main vein on inside of the back leg, tap your finger near the corner of the eye see if it blinks, even a unconsious rabbit will respond to this
the eyes of a dead rabbit will look dead and empty and dry
if in dout pick it up if its all floppy and you get no responce chances are you have a bunny that has gone to the bridge :?
with in a hour they body will be rock hard and in rigamortus
god i hope im wrong and your just asking out of interest

Last edited:
It looks like Monica has died - she managed to escape from the pen and must have eaten a poisonous leaf or something. I found her at the back of the bushes, she was breathing at the time, but now totally lifeless and muscles twitching. My wife is in pieces. :cry::cry::cry:

:shock: Doesnt sound good :(

They don't always have their eyes open, but more often then not they do

It looks like Monica has died - she managed to escape from the pen and must have eaten a poisonous leaf or something. I found her at the back of the bushes, she was breathing at the time, but now totally lifeless and muscles twitching. My wife is in pieces. :cry::cry::cry:

oh god im so sorry the muscles twitching is just reflexes try not to be too alarmed although it is quite creapy :? its like a chicken running around after its been decapitated if you have ever seen that
although twitching could be a sign of her fitting so please check as above in my last post for all signs of life to make sure she isnt just unconcious rabbits breathing go right down if going into shock and pulse rate also goes right down too and they can just look like they have died, i know its a strange thing to say but its best to check any sign at all she has life wrap her in tin foil to stop her going into shock keep her warm and get her to vet
but trust your instincts you will know either way
i dont mean any upset by this post as always i am just stating the facts you need to check
again im so so sorry
ann xxx

Last edited:
you found her twitching? she would be still if she had 'gone' wouldn't she? i don't know. don't they do this when they are 'running to the bridge?'

i have checked everywhere for breathing even tried to blow air over her to give oxygen but nothing, she is still in the basket on the kitchen table i am still checking for life, hubby said she has gone. what do i do about her hubby tonight they were only bonded 2 weeks ago

i have checked everywhere for breathing even tried to blow air over her to give oxygen but nothing, she is still in the basket on the kitchen table i am still checking for life, hubby said she has gone. what do i do about her hubby tonight they were only bonded 2 weeks ago
im so so sorry first of all to put your mind at rest check her gums if they are white and if you press them and the blood does not return to them its a sure sign she has gone :cry:
dont let hubby bunny spend time with her if she has been poisoned and he trys to wash her her could be poisoned too !!!
if they have only been together for a few weeks he should be fine and it shouldnt cause any upset for your male bunny
when your ready you can look into getting him a new friend if thats what you want but give your self time to grieve first
my thoughts are with you
ann xx

Last edited:
I am really sorry to read this, another way of checking for sure is to squeeze the webbing between the toes on the back paw and if there is no reaction I am afraid bun has passed over. Sorry for your loss, sincerely hope the other one will be alright. My understanding is that they do need to grieve aswell so it may be worth at least holding your bun but, not allowing the other to lick etc x

o.k thankyou. gonig to try and go to bed now, thankyou fro all your invaluable advise. Just one more thing, what do i do with my dead bunny????? do i bury her in the garden and take the risk of the dog digging her up or do i take her to the vets or what do i do???????

Last edited:
Back