• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey doesnt seem herself??

louise1

Mama Doe
Came home from work and normally the first thing i do is let honey out her cage and feed them all veg. Honey ate a bit of cucumber and a teeny bit of carrot but hasnt moved from her litter tray and isnt that interested in veg.... Now your probably saing what the problem shes ate but honey would normally bite ure hand off for a bag of veg and goes wild if she even knows veg is coming but 2nyt shes even let me pick her up and seems very quiet and isnt moving around much....

If she is refusing food now and is unusually quiet she needs to be examined by a Vet.

Has she passed a normal amount of faeces today?

Do her ears feel unusually cold.

Does her abdomen feel bloated/distended ?

If she is refusing food now and is unusually quiet she needs to be examined by a Vet.

Has she passed a normal amount of faeces today?

Do her ears feel unusually cold.

Does her abdomen feel bloated/distended ?

No her ears dont feel any colder than normal and her stomach i dont normally feel so not sure what its meant to feel like but feels o.k to me.. litter tray looks like normal

called vets but they said to keep an eye on her as she is still eating hay etc and try and get her moving around etc and if she will let me then rub her stomach, she has ate th other part of her carrot and some hay but still seems pretty quiet, i will try and get her to hop around some more. The only thing i notice different is honey drinks alot normally and shes hardly drunk today...

still quiet and a few smaller poooopers than normal but shes eating still so just keeping my fingers crossed and making her move around and rubbing her tummy she eats loadsa of hay aswell!!:roll:

I tend to give mine infacol, zantac, probiotics and metacam in the first instance (which usually does the trick for a bit of gas). If they aren't totally back to normal within a few hours, then I take them to the vet for dental check, sub-q fluids and metaclopramide.

Best to nip it in the bud, just in case it develops into something nasty.

I tend to give mine infacol, zantac, probiotics and metacam in the first instance (which usually does the trick for a bit of gas). If they aren't totally back to normal within a few hours, then I take them to the vet for dental check, sub-q fluids and metaclopramide.

Best to nip it in the bud, just in case it develops into something nasty.

O.k thanks im working today so will pick up some infacol on the way home if shes still the same think its a good sign shes eating though and have looked at her teeth they look fine also good sign shes eating hay still aswell. my vets didnt seem to concerned although i must say there not very rabbit savvy!

Sending vibes for Honey. If she doesn't pick up I would definitely take her to a vet (maybe a different one of you have a more rabbit savvy one anywhere in the area).

Back