• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am so proud of my hubby for putting this couple in their place!!

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Mark has been to our local farm this afternoon for a bale of hay - when he got there, there was a couple there buying one too.

They got into a conversation & said to Mark 'well we have to buy bales of hay because we have so many bunnies.'

Mark replied 'Oh really why's that then?' I think he knew what was coming next - he said he could just tell by looking at them :roll: ...................

The couple then said as proud as anything 'We breed them to supply to local pet shops :evil: We get a really good price for them, £10 per bun we supply :evil: Well we have to recoup some money back because they cost us so much to keep etc!' :censored:

They then made the mistake of asking Mark 'do you breed rabbits then?'

To which Mark replied 'No actually we don't - we've got 25 buns all neutered & speyed - we don't believe in breeding in our house! Oh & by the way they're all rescued buns, who we're probably supplied by people like you to local pet shops & who have then subsequently been dumped in rescues, when whoever bought them got fed up or bored!!!'

At that point the couple didn't know quite what to say to respond. They then got their hay & promptly left not knowing what to say!

Pity it will probably go in one ear & straight out the other!! :evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:
Good on Mark!! you never know, it may make them think, more so than if he hadn't said anyhing :wave:

At least he spoke up for something he believes in. My dad went in to the local pet shop to pick up some bunny stuff, saw they were selling baby buns and gave the owner the 30,000 buns in rescues story and said he was contributing to this and left!!

At least he spoke up for something he believes in. My dad went in to the local pet shop to pick up some bunny stuff, saw they were selling baby buns and gave the owner the 30,000 buns in rescues story and said he was contributing to this and left!!

Yay well done to you Dad, Suzanne - he's absolutely right!

Back