• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi! :3 a little help ,maybe?

Name = Laura

Area you live = Stevenage, Herts

Why did you choose your RU name? = It's an old favourite forum name from around the time I got my bun!

Names of your rabbits = Bramble

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = I work for Stevenage Packaging :) they have a website if you're interested!

One thing you didn't know about me = I've swallowed bunny bath water from being splashed! D:

n532103419_1394487_1413.jpg

This is Bramble he's a eight year old dwarf lop and the most cheeky, funny, loving, wonderful bun I could ever have asked for :). He's got a few health complaints which don't seem to bother him but mean I work hard to keep him happy (which is okay with me!). His first problem is he has misaligned teeth, which need filing down every year or so, and I understand this is not curable and I just keep my eye on it. His second problem is snuffles, which he's had since his last op, it's brought on by stress I'm told, and I fetch him medicine from the vets as and when he requires it.

Now the bit I could use some tips helping with! He's got an odd back leg which also has a slightly misformed claw, he can use it to jump and kick but balances all his weight on his other foot, which means he wets himself because of not standing correctly to pee. I rushed him to the vets a few days ago because despite the fact I clean him regularly I came in to find him with a balding patch and a little red on his balancing leg from the urine. I'm aware it's urine scald and the vets have shaved his bikini line and given me some dermisol cream for him, which seems to be helping, I bathe his affected area daily and keep his indoor pen clean, and forked out some money for some vetbed as a soft alternative to the carefresh bedding we had been using.

Have any of you any tips for me? Particularly with urine scald prevention? :) Despite his problems he is a VERY happy bun who loves coming out for runabouts and following me around everywhere! I love him to bits! x3
(note the photo is from a year back when his only problem was his teeth and he lived outdoors!)

Last edited:
I can't offer any advice I'm afraid but wanted to say hello and you sound like you do a lot to make your buns life happy and comfortable. It's nice to hear. :wave:

Welcome to RU.:wave:
I'm sorry I have no advice, but if you post in the Rabbit Health or Rabbit Chat section, you will be more likely to get advice, as more people will see your post there.

Back