• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how to keep my babbits warm in this weather-outside

babbit

Young Bun
hiii:wave:
we have 2 babbits outside in a chicken coop
1 male(mario)
1 female(princess)
with the weather being sooo cold i was going to bring them indoors(they love being inside)they make me laugh i open the back door and they both run to the door and come in which im not that bothered about(well i am because mario bites all my wires but is very clean goes bk in his cage for the toilet,unlike princess she wee's everywhere so smells the house out)lov them both tho
so they need to be outside but im worried about them being cold
ive got them a gel pad but mario for some reason sits on the outside of the hutch on the flags and princess wee's all over there bedding so thats wet every morning

so my question is

how can i keep them warm outside???

thanks

Fill the cage with straw and then hay on top :) By gel pad, i guess you mean snugglesafe? They are fab. Could you cover the pen with a taupaulin? I normally cover my hutches with an old duvet and then a taupaulin in the winter.

Theres not much else you can do :( Its harder when theyre not litter trained, just means you have to do full cleans daily to make sure the straw and hay arent wet :( xXx

I've always just filled the hutch (mostly the indoor-part) with hay and straw. And I live in Norway, its freezing from December to Marsh and the bunnies do fine:3 (I just have to change the water extra often since it freezes XD)

At the moment Sora has pretty much everything important inside his "house". Its filled with hay+there's a hayrack with even MORE hay hanging inside. I also keep his water and food in there, hoping that it will make his water stay liquid for a bit longer, and the food...well it just fit in there XD Oddly when I started doing that I noticed that Sora is the first bunny I've had in that specific hutch who doesn't use the indoor-part as a litter box:p He goes outside with just a few occasional droppings in the house:D

Last edited:
i cant really cover it because i like to let them out every day and i feel sorry for mario hes sooo clean its princess,ive just had her on my knee and shes wee'd on me lol oh
ya thats what i ment lol snugglesafe 1 of them :lol:

so theres nothing really i can do is there?i cant put water in the indoor house bit theres no bars to hold the bottle

i cant really cover it because i like to let them out every day and i feel sorry for mario hes sooo clean its princess,ive just had her on my knee and shes wee'd on me lol oh
ya thats what i ment lol snugglesafe 1 of them :lol:

so theres nothing really i can do is there?i cant put water in the indoor house bit theres no bars to hold the bottle

Have you tried giving them a bowl? All of mine drink out of a bowl and seem to prefer it. It also seems to freeze less often when in a bowl.

Back