• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling Hampshire Peeps -Exotics Vet in Hampshire - Shedfield???

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
:wave::wave: Hi, can anyone advise of an exotics vet please in Hampshire - I am in Fareham but, can drive and will to get an experienced rabbit vet please advise of any good ones - PM me if more appropriate? I was told there was one in Shedfield?? Thanks for your help x

I'd reccomend my vet Claire at Downland Veterinary Group out in Emsworth :wave:

She's fantastic with our guys and is always open to suggestions and she loves bunnies.

Edited 'cos I'm stupid and didn't read your post :oops:

Bunnies? Or reptile exotics?

I'd reccomend my vet Claire at Downland Veterinary Group out in Emsworth :wave:

:wave: Bunnies, I thought they were covered more in terms of training and experience by 'Exotics' vets ? Emsworth isn't too far - is she an exotics vet with lots of experience in buns then?

:wave: Bunnies, I thought they were covered more in terms of training and experience by 'Exotics' vets ? Emsworth isn't too far - is she an exotics vet with lots of experience in buns then?

I'm not sure whether she's got years of experience as such but she's fantastic with ours, has suggests many things I'd not have thought out, medication wise, she'll only suggest the more 'expensive' things like X-Rays if other options have failed and she's always willing to try if the owner is.

Perhaps give her a call and have a chat? ETA.... 01243 377141, that'll take you reception just ask if Claire's available

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether she's got years of experience as such but she's fantastic with ours, has suggests many things I'd not have thought out, medication wise, she'll only suggest the more 'expensive' things like X-Rays if other options have failed and she's always willing to try if the owner is.

Perhaps give her a call and have a chat? ETA.... 01243 377141, that'll take you reception just ask if Claire's available

Thanks will see what else comes up on the thread and might do that, I really want one that has lots of experience and understanding of rabbits, my current vets are excellent but, I feel more focussed towards dogs, cats -my dogs both have gone there and have used them for the last 16 years altogether, it's just about exploring the possibilities as I want to feel happy that they are "interested" in rabbits if you know what I mean;)

Thanks will see what else comes up on the thread and might do that, I really want one that has lots of experience and understanding of rabbits, my current vets are excellent but, I feel more focussed towards dogs, cats -my dogs both have gone there and have used them for the last 16 years altogether, it's just about exploring the possibilities as I want to feel happy that they are "interested" in rabbits if you know what I mean;)

Oh and would like to be able to have some continuity of care and see the same vet more than once!:roll:

Back