• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for little Ruby please..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
She was a little quiet yesterday so kept a close eye on her, she nibbled a few pellets but showed no interest in any veg or hay, which isnt like her...

Same again today so i booked her in to Vets.. Vet said her stomach felt doughie (sp?) and she has nits (cant treat her yet) anyways Vet checked her teeth etc etc.. everything fine, except she has a bit of a runny bum.

Vet gave her Metoclopramide, some Zantac, some Rimadyl and also gave me some critical care and Protexin bio lapis to add to her water. The Vet also gave her two lots of fluids??

She is currently outside in an indoor cage inside there hutch so is separate but still close to little Ben..

Since getting home i have given her a tiny amount of Critical care, she wont take it?!? Hates the stuff. She is now on a heatpad and has eaten some cucumber and rich tea biscuit?! She is also showing interest in her hay..

Vet said if no improvement in next 24hours she will need admitting to there hospital.. if she does improve i have to give her a few days then take her back to begin treatment for her nits :)

Vibes for little Ruby please :)

Last edited:
Critical care tends to be more palatable mixed with veg baby food. It also syringes much easier (has to be Stage 1 food though, no lumps)

Could you mix the CC in with some porrige oats and mashed banana :? Will she eat any more cucumber? Its watery so will help keep her hydrated :)

I hope she improves soon hun :( Been worried about her all day :( Sending lots of vibes for the little sweetie :love: xXx

That's great news Nat - so pleased to hear this :) xxx

I know, thanks, was so worried about her, but she has picked up great, she is now back with Ben, they were wary of each other for some strange reason but seem to of settled now :D

How long should i wait before taking her back for her mite treatment????

I think I'd be tempted to take her back for a check & see what your vet thinks. If they think she's doing ok, then they might give her the mite treatment.

Great news that all is settling down. :D:D:D I'd advise you steer clear of anything with sugar/ starch in it (including fruit sugars) for the next week, just to let the bacteria in the gut return to normal. ;)

That is really good news, Im so pleased.

I dont know what you think but may be give her a day or 2 to settle down again fully before you disturb her again and take her to the vets.

Back