• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to stop Bungle grooming?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Bungle keeps trying to clean his face and I need to try and stop him so that he doesnt pull his stitches out again.

I am not letting him out for a run as I dont want him to catch his face but at the minute he is climbing the bars of his cage and running round in circles to be let out! He only came round him his GA 3 hours ago!

I can only think of putting a buster collar on him, so that he can't reach his face?

The vet was reluctant to do this as he is such a livewire she thought it might hurt him or make it too difficult for him to eat or drunk. I have one here though that I can put on him for a few hours tonight to see if it helps.

I would think letting him out for exercise would be the best way to stop him grooming. It's a good distraction. Just confine him to an area he's unlikely to knock it.

Back