• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse and Sir Victor- An Update......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Well it is looking as though they will both need to remain on lifelong treatment for their chronic Otitis Externa :cry:
Whilst they have both improved the infection is still there and really it's going to be a case of trying to contain it rather than cure it :cry:

They both have the same congenital abnormality in their right ear canals and so infection is worse for both of them in that ear :cry: Victor has also lost weight in the same way Morse did. They have both now stabalised at about 3.4kg.
Within themselves they appear to be doing OK and they are both eating well.
Victor is not quite so norty which is actually incredibly sad :cry:

The medications they are both on are : Depocillin injection every 3 days, Metronidazole twice a day, Metacam if needed, Baytril/Dexadresone Ear drops twice a day.

I dont know if Colonel Colin and Lady Lydia will also succumb to this disease. But IMO it has a congenital element to it and so I suspect they will :cry:

Aww hugs to you & Morse & Sir Victor, and all round ear-health vibes for your handsome & beautiful buns! :love:

aw bless them, i hope the rest of their lovely life is pain free and they've got the best mummy in world to care for them.

Poor Morse and Sir Victor :(

It is very good to hear that they are both doing ok and eating well despite their ongoing ear problems.

Sending more vibes for both of your lovely boys.

aw bless them, i hope the rest of their lovely life is pain free and they've got the best mummy in world to care for them.

I couldn't have put it better myself!

It's a lot of hard work for you, but as long as they're happy that's all that matters. And Colonel Colin and Lady Lydia dont have it yet so fingers crossed all will be well with them, so sending happy vibes to IM and SV and 'non contracting it' vibes to CC and LL!! ...and a (hug) for the bestest bunny mummy ;)

Back