• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bungle-home now

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Bungle lost a stitch from his nose last night and this morning he had lost another one. The wound is still holding together just but I am fairly sure it is going to come apart.

I have had to come to work, I really cant have the day off or go in late so rang the vets and made an appointment for 4pm. The vets werent happy and said I needed to take him in this morning. I am already at work and there is no way I can come home. I understand that they prefere to do stitching in the morning but what if I had just got home from work and found it? They would have had to do it then surely?

I am now really worried about him and feeling really upset so going to have a **** day. Got a full day teaching so need to be all upbeat but I just feel like crying.

Last edited:
How many days have the stitches been in?

I'm by no means an expert and obviously can't see his nose but bunnies do heal very quickly and he might well be ok .

How many days have the stitches been in?

I'm by no means an expert and obviously can't see his nose but bunnies do heal very quickly and he might well be ok .

He was stitched Saturday night. The vet checked him over on Monday and it was ok. Because of where it is it is awkward.

Here is a picture from Saturday night.
IMG00532-20091206-1724.jpg

Kevin pulled stitches out from his neuter at 4 days and it didnt need stitching again and when Indigo was tiny she got bitten on her nose and healed without any stitching.

All I was wondering was whether the wound would have healed quite well by now and the remaining stitches would hold it ok....you certainly cant help having to work and taking him to the vet this evening.

Thanks. The vets said I should have brought him in at 8am and gone into work late but I cant. I have to be in work by 8.15am and its a 40 minute drive! I will leave school straight away at 3pm so should get him in for 4pm.

I really hope he doesnt need another GA and it restitching. I didnt get a proper look at it this morning as I was rushing about to get to work so hopefully it will hold on its own.

I am just feeling really worried which I hate. I could say im not feeling well and ask to come home but it would be leaving people in the lurch here so I shouldn't really.

not a very nice thing of the vets to say! as if you don't feel bad enough already:roll: is there any way you could have a slightly extended lunch break (difficult in your job i know:() or is the surgery finished then?

Really understanding vet. Of course you can keep your class waiting, it's not like you are resposible for them once their parents drop them off or anything :roll:.

FWIW I would have done the same thing in your position, the vet should realise you have other responsibilities. If his life was in danger then I'm sure you would have pulled a sickie or something. Vets can be late if they choose to be, teachers can't.

Good luck this evening :wave:

I think the reason the vet wanted to see him sooner is because wounds need to be dealt with pretty quickly for them to heal successfully. If it is left the skin might not bond back together as the edges can start to die off:?

But I completely understand that work has to come first :)

Well, I have managed to get out of work. I have been feeling poorly all week but struggling though and going in. I went to speak to my head of department to say I would need to leave dead on 3pm amd ended up in tears. He told me to go home and have the day to catch up on some sleep and get things sorted. I am so exhausted at the minute.

Took Bungle to the vets and they said it is going to need restitching :(
It has started to heal but not properly so they said if they do restitch it might not heal but the vet thinks it is worth a chance. Had to leave him there and they said it wont be done till this afternoon! So why there was a big issue with me taking him later I dont know!

Got to ring at 4pm to see how he is but they said it might not be done by then.

Am really worried about him having another GA in a short space of time and also about the cost of another lot of treatment!

Just heard from vets. They have restitched him and are just waiting for him to come round. Got to ring at 3pm to arrange picking him up.

Just got Bungle home. Cost me another £115 so his total in 3 days is now £300. I have had to put it all on my credit card and will have to pay it off monthly as I just dnt have that sort of spare cash around.

He is bright as always and eating well. I have never known a bunny come round so well from a GA!

I'm glad he's home and is doing well :D

Sounds like you've had a pretty dreadful day. Sending you a hug and vibes for Bungle bun.

Gosh you really are having lots of bad luck :( Big hugs for you Rach :)

Sending nose rubs for Bungle - hope hes going to be ok now xXx

glad he's doing well. ouch for your credit card tho:(. i'm sure these bunnies are trying to finish us off thro stress:roll:

You do seem to be having it rough lately. :(

Am glad Bungle's ok though! But ..... yeah..... the expense isn't nice.

Im glad Bungle is home and well :love:

Good Luck with the lottery on Saturday :D - or if I win I will send you some :love:... on a serious note im sorry your credit card has taken a battering - not good :cry:

Back