• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many wify buns?

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Our 3 little sons are almost coming of age now, we will start to book them into the vets over the next couple of weeks. They are coming up for 16 weeks but they are still a little nervous so we are trying to get them used to being handled some more. The thing is, as they are all boys and even though they really love each other now, do you think we should bring in some wives for them or do you think that will mix things up too much? We would really need to wait until the spring when we can finish their runa and let them out so that they have enough space

Our 3 little sons are almost coming of age now, we will start to book them into the vets over the next couple of weeks. They are coming up for 16 weeks but they are still a little nervous so we are trying to get them used to being handled some more. The thing is, as they are all boys and even though they really love each other now, do you think we should bring in some wives for them or do you think that will mix things up too much? We would really need to wait until the spring when we can finish their runa and let them out so that they have enough space

I have 2 brothers who live together very happily without wifey buns.
I had them neutered at 14 weeks as soon as they got plums and theyve been fine.

I would see how you go after neutering. They should be able to live together fine with no wives. If you have to separate due to fighting later then think about it.

Thanks for your replies, the vet thinks that we dont need to get all 3 of them done, she said that if we got the obvious sbmissive one/s done it would widen the gap between them and the dominant one, as it is now, poor little Herbs seems very timid around Bruce. Should I get them all done together and forego Xmas pressys or do you think it would be ok to get one at a time done?

Definately get them all done. If you can afford it I'd probably get them all done at the same time so they can recover together.

I got both my boys done, even though one is more dominant. If you don't then the one that isn't done will probably try to hump the others and then a fight may start. Mine are brothers and get on fine. HTH:wave:

you must get them all done or risk big fighting. The hormones given off by the little one could start the bigger one off even if he is neutered.

Back