• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sharing my Time!

Bobo89

Young Bun
HI everyone.
I am relatively new to the rabbit world and am really struggling to share my time equally between my two buns. How much time should a rabbit spend out of his cage?I currently have two buns in seperate rooms in my flat and an findind it very difficult to share my time between them both around my daily commitments.
Thanks Nichola.

Hi Nichola! :wave:

I think a lot depends on how big the cage is. If it's quite small, they will need to spend a lot of time out although if it's pretty big, they can be left in them for longer amounts of time as they will still have room to exercise. Are the two rooms bunny proofed? Would you be able to leave them out when you're not in the room with them or are they shut in when you're not around?

Alternatively, have you considered getting your buns neutered (if they're not already) and bonding them so they can live together? That would mean when you're not around, they will have each other for company and they'll both be in the same room so you can spend all your time with the two of them together rather than splitting your time in half. :)

:wave: Im in the same position, a lot of people will say they need 4 hours a day out - and ideally thats what we would all like to do but practically I cant always do this but no matter what I always make sure they have some free range time.

Sometimes only an hour each but other days they are out all day depending on what I am working taking it in turns and having a good belt round the garden... i dont feel guilty as alot of the time mine will come out to stretch their legs for an hour or so but then go back in their cage on their own free will..

After christmas im hoping to bond so they will have more cage room as well but also can be let out together - meaning doubling each of their free range time..
Im sure whatever you do - you will do the best you can for your buns x

Hiya
Thank you for your replies. It is hard and i would love for them both to be let out all the time. Thing is, Bobo (althogh perfectly litter trained) is a chewer and Kenco; not litter tranined yet. I cant bond them yet as Kenco is too young to be netured but that is something i wish to do in the future. Can two unrealted males be bonded?
Thanks Nichola.

yes it is possible for 2 males to be bonded but a lot more difficult than male/female i think... I guess you will just have to give it a go.

Is is possible to put them side by side so they get used to seeing and smelling each other? That is what im doing with my 2 and its all good so far - could be a totally different story when they go together though :?

what size area are they left in at the moment - is there any wya you can extend it to give them more room?

Back