• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What floor can house bunnys run best on?

clairevidler

Young Bun
Hi everyone

I am looking to lay a new floor in my living room, but concerned that my house bunny sugar wont be able to run about. I considered carpet, but he loves eating it so thats out. Any ideas?

Thanks

Biscuit hates laminate flooring, wood flooring or kitchen tiles. I would have thought carpet is your only option :?

Yeh Sugar hates laminate too...I was thinking vinyl flooring? Maybe carpet is my only option. Any tips on how to stop him eating it?

Thanks

Does he have his own chew toys etc.?

Biscuit has her own cushion and matt that she can tear apart. A bit of pure apple juice on the corner of those and your carpet won't seem interested.

The carrot patch from Pets At Home is actually brilliant too.

Is he snipped? :oops:

I have vinyl that looks like wooden flooring in my spare room that the buns are in.
I had to put scatter rugs down to help them as Inca still seems to slide a bit and now Herbie doesnt even venture off the rugs at times!

Thanks for the tips! I didnt think of tempting his chew toys. He has loads, but every now and again, i will find my lovely rug chewed...I will definitely try them!

Thank you for the advice on the vinyl too!

Thanks

Sorry, mine couldn't run on vinyl, & dislocated his patella doing a binky & skidding. He's a rascal for pulling out the pile of carpets at times, but leaves the really cheap carpet with no pile alone. ( it's sort of woven). It's warmer underfoot than vinyl too.

Mine hate laminate too, so I've had rugs/mats for a long time. Recently though I've changed to a textured vinyl in their room and they're fine on that :D (It's wood effect and has faint ridges on it, so there's some grip for those fluffy bunny feet.)

we had kitchen tiles (non shiny) that the buns used to live on which were fine. Lamiate/vinyl/wood are in generaly very slippy and most buns do not enjoy. If you have to go with one make sure you have lots of runners and rugs. Their preferred is carpet...but yes they do like to munch it :)

You lot are much nicer than me:oops: Mine hated laminate - they got over it:oops: You could try equine rubber matting, as long as sides are fitted down properly so they can't chew - same as vinyl:D

We have textured vinyl stuff in the rabbit room and they can run around on that fine :)

I'd love wooden floors in my living room but cant cos of the buns so carpet it is - the things we do eh? :roll:

We have solid wooden floors in most rooms, tiles in the kitchen and vinyl in the bunny room. They are all used to it as its all they have known. We have carpet on the landing which they definately prefere, its their binky spot!

We just put a huge cheap rug from ikea in the living room so they have somewhere to binky as although they cope with the wooden flooring they wont binky on it cos they slip.

Back