PDA

View Full Version : Indoor buns - but what.....

Cornishlass
08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
If you have indoor buns do they ever go outside on grass or paving for a run around or are they strictly house buns?

I would love a bunny room indoors but this will never happen as DH is allergic and won't let him anywhere near the house - but in my dreams.... Would it be O.K>. to let him out to play and bring him in to sleep? Or would that temp change worry him? I love seeing Smudge out on the grass and if I did have a house bun I'd want the same for him.

Kermit
08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Ive only had my two for a couple of months, so they havent been outside as its too cold, but i do plan on letting them out in the spring.

Kermit was never outside, i only had him for three months before he got head tilt, then he used to panic when he even went out of the living room, so he never got outside.

I think its fine for indoor buns to go outside on milder days, but not in the winter cold.....brrrrrr.

Muppet2
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
If you have indoor buns do they ever go outside on grass or paving for a run around or are they strictly house buns?

My two live indoors full-time but go out in the garden (a loose term: paving, gravel, no grass!) twice a day every day, whatever the weather. (Well Muppet goes out, Sooty's still not sure :roll: He insists on going out, she ventures occasionally.)

I leave the door open for awhile in the morning then again in the evening and let them come and go as they please. This time of year, it's not for long as I get too cold! But in summer I'll leave the door open most of the day if I'm home.

Cornishlass
08-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Sounds good - let them decide... Great idea. I DO wish I could have a room indoors then I could spend hours with him instead of minutes!