• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seventeen for Xmas! (Buns that is)

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
A while ago someone posted asking what we all wanted for Xmas and I said '16 happy healthy buns and half an hour lie in':

I would just like to amend that officially to 17 happy healthy buns - and I might have to skip the lie in!

Here is Nutmeg:

IMG_1087.jpg

He is a preloved bun who was offered for free - he was described as a French lop (which he isn't) and 18 months old (he looks and feels about 8 months: very skinny and no proper hair or muscle). He was being given away because the family had two toddlers and two staffordshire terriers (pups) and the children and pups were chasing him and picking him up and shaking him. he has a lump of fur missing from the last doggy episode.

he is very very friendly but rather shy and sort of shell shocked. I had to drive 3.5 hours to get him (and the same back!).:love::love:

I am very much hoping that after vacs and de-plumbing he will make a threesome with Viola Rose and Mistletoe who are lovely friendly gentle buns. He is in a cage in 'their' (My) bedroom at present and there has been no referred aggression or anything. They can see and smell him but not get to him as his temporary cage is on a table. They just sit on the bed and look at him and he looks back. So so far so good :lol:.;)

I have promised NEVER to look on freeads or preloved again - NEVER. In fact I had never even heard of them till a certain Nursecroft posted about a certain 'Teddy'!!!:lol::lol::lol:

So everyone - vibes for 17 happy healthy buns for xmas (though with Teasals bladder stone, Comfreys dodgy rear molar, Thistles poorly jaw, and Damson on-going mysterious stasis bouts (probably ulcer), not to mention Parsley's leg op to take his pins out tomorrow .. . I think we can forget the half hour lie in. Did i mention the rat poison scare by the way . . . ????(Bluebell and Mulberry are on Vit K). Its been a busy week.

Anyway; HERE is Nutmeg again!!! (was Paddy:?

Don't worry about the wire - it was jsust the carry case he was playing round with) he is on hay and towelling.

)
IMG_1086.jpg

Happy Xmas everyone

He's gorgeous :love:. Well done for going to get him. Hope it your plan for bonding goes to plan as they are a lovely pair of bunnies too.

What happened with the rat poison by the way? Must have missed that :shock:. Hope they are ok

He's lovely! Very hansome.

Here's hopeing you have 17 healthy buns and your half and hour lie in! :wave:

Beautiful bunny.
Seems like his life has just become waaaayyyyy better now that he is with you :)

Wow! What an epic rescue all that driving! Well done :D and congratulations on bun no.17 for Xmas! Lovely news. :D:wave:

:shock: nutmeg looks like the frenchie I aslo rescued from preloved and free...from a breeder and poorly leg, underweight which the vet has said 'muscle wastage' she happened to be pregnant ....but they died 2days later...mum and another frenchie is now with Kay...what is it with preloved:roll: but I just love looking at the buns :oops:....so glad you have him...he's :love::love:

Back