• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Near Banbury

peppa

Warren Scout
Ok is anyone near banbury and want to come visit me and my bunnies and assure me that they really dont make too much mess or leave too many poops around the place lol.
My mother was rantng about the damage they cause and mess they make so feel very paranoid about it now.
They are free range in my living room and have trays behind the sofa and under a coffee table. There are 3 of them and none of them have reached a year in age so am hoping some of it is there youthfullness and with age they will get a little less messy with their stray poops.
Any ideas or just general comfort about the whole rabbit poop thing lol

Steve has been to your house and he said it was lovely and clean and tidy and the buns looked very happy hopping around :wave:

Biscuit is pretty good with hers (she is 2), but they are never perfect. Their little pellets are fairly inoffensive though, just little hard nuggets you can pick up with toilet roll.

Our floors always have a little straw etc. on it. We vacuum and sweep loads, but it is inevitable.

I would rather have a little bit of mess on the floor and a happy warm home filled with bunny love than a perfect and cold house.

My family don't understand it either, they say it is too much work to keep it tidy, but I have OCD and I think it is fine!!

Just tell your Mum that it is worth it, and unless she has the love of a good bunny she won't understand that :lol:

Arrr thanks biscuits mum, yes you are right it is worth it. That is what my mum says too that it is too much work.
I have been considering getting a huge play house for the corner of the living room for them so that i can keep it shut and go back to basics with the training but not sure whether to or not.

I think i need more like minded people around lol then i wont feel so bad lol
They seem to get better and then suddenly i find stray poop on the bay window and carpet etc.
I keep putting out more trays to try to re encourage them xx

They are still young'uns.

Sure you know what you're doing, but do you put plenty of nice things in the litter trays? I put a handful of dandelion and green dried grass thing from Wilko in there as a treat and now she won't get out of there :lol: She still drops a stray one occasionally, but she is pretty good overall.

I also put basil plant or coriander plants in there just to remind her how nice her litter tray is ;)

People don't always understand how worth it bunnies are, they are a bit underestimater character and personality-wise. Only bunny mummies and daddies know that the mess is sooooo worth it for the snuggles and for having them inside with you. :love:

Arr thanks for the tips, i will try that, i have started putting some raisins in there so when they find them they might think they are being rewarded.
What are basil plants, are they just leaves, yes i think i need to make there trays more fun. Any more ideas?????

You can get a little pot plant of coriander, parsley or basil from the supermarket (often in the reduced for quick sale bit). Biscuit loves ripping them apart and then throwing the pot around!

ooo great will do that, do you just put the whole thing in with the soil and all?
sound like great fun xx

I do yes, but I would put plenty of newspaper under the litter tray! Bix likes to tip them up and play with the pot sometimes. But it gets her realising that if she jumps in her litter tray, she might find a treat!

They also have locust beans in Wilko for 39p or something. They are quite good to scatter in there (they are like little nuggets). She then hops in to have a root around in the hay and...whilst she is in there... ;)

ooo thanks so much i shall try all these, they will think it is christmas :lol: oh and it is he he
they used to roam the garden in the summer and loved keeping my grass short but is too cold and wet now xxx

ooo thanks so much i shall try all these, they will think it is christmas :lol: oh and it is he he
they used to roam the garden in the summer and loved keeping my grass short but is too cold and wet now xxx

I always think it is like kids. They are having way too much fun to think about sitting on the toilet :lol: Get them happy about going in there and the battle is won :)

yes funny enough when i get a certain sort of hay, the one with the really long strands not the chopped bits, they hardly poop at all, and i always wondered why but they obviously wanted to spend more time in there as they liked it so instead of trying to stop them going elsewhere i shall encourage them to go in there instead. You are right it is like that with kids, ignore the bad and praise the good xx thanks am feeling more positive now xx:p

I am near banbury :D But it would prob be easier for me to just send your mum a pic of my house - hay and poops and fur everywhere ;) I really like things to be tidy but bunny snuggles are worth the mess.

You ought to see the mess my girls make :lol:

I left them free range one afternoon, when i returned to my room i discovered they had opened an entire bag of hay and spread it all round my room. No hoover can clean up that much mess :shock::lol:

what little tinkers!!!

You ought to see the mess my girls make :lol:

I left them free range one afternoon, when i returned to my room i discovered they had opened an entire bag of hay and spread it all round my room. No hoover can clean up that much mess :shock::lol:

If you don't live with mum, then I don't see what the worry is. If its not a problem for you, live as you wish.

Thanks raine, you are so right, people do like to critisize even when it is no odds to them.
I have been going with biscuits mums suggestions and seem to be making a little less mess this morn. Although kids bit under weather so they will make mess now he he
Thanks for all the support i think that was all i needed. xx

Karen I have been to your house. It was spotless. You live how you want to live the animals are very well cared for!!!

Back